***The X-Factor Thread - ALL X-Factor Related Stuff In Here***

Soldato
What was extraordinary about Harry, was that out of all the various things he could've said:

Well done!
You are going to be rich!
I always knew you would win!
You're going to have a No.1 single at Christmas.

The first thing that entered his head concerned the number of women which could be slept with, on the back of winning this talent show.

If he was older, I would've been more judgemental, but as he is still a child, we shouldn't read much into it. I'm sure when he gets older and his comment is highlighted, he will probably cringe.

Associate
When Aiden Gurnshaw et al rushed Matt as he was singing his song again at the end he shouted the immortal words 'F@ckin9 H#ll', which doesn't seem to have been picked up on with the relish I expected.

Soldato
Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Just caught a bit of the best and worst of X Factor.

Liam and Zain were the only boys that were really that good in the auditions.. the were deffo struggling for choice this year.

BB x

Soldato
They're not a big name though, linking their wiki proves nothing. They do have the world's most defensive fanbase though (an observation I have made prior to the X Factor carry on).

I just cant comprehend how anyone who listens to current music hasn't heard of them that's all

Fair enough never having heard of groups like N-Dubz but Biffy Clyro? Really?

Caporegime
Was reading a little article on how Biffy Fans are losing respect for the band and how they are sellouts and how Matt has ruined the song etc etc, but this little comment at the end of the article was nice.

interesting comment, and hardly suprising.

I saw it with Swedish House Mafia.

Never heard of them 'til they hooked up with Pharell Williams and tried to make it mainstream. Then they announced they were doing a track with Tinchy Stryder.

The fans were up in arms, "i'll never buy another one of their records again" "they're dirty sell outs" "you've abandoned your core fans" etc..

The official message boards were just full of hate. For a newcomer like me, i just took one look and walked back out. Its almost as though some fans like their favourite artists to be mediocre and never make it. For the moment they do start to become mainstream they're no longer cool and they're sell outs and part of the "machine" that is the pop industry, and all the negativity of things being fake and produced etc.. that goes with it.

Just because an artists has done something to try to get more exposure.

Soldato
So everyone is obsessing over (and praising) "The Kooks, Eddie Temple Morris, Billy Bragg, Orbital, Jon McClure and Pete Doherty" are apparently rereleasing John Cage's silent record 4'33".... presumuably they'll make money if if it gets to #1. Er.....?

I thought that was going to be a charity single. Going to a charity for the deaf or something.

Soldato
Fair enough never having heard of groups like N-Dubz but Biffy Clyro? Really?

I'm your typical chart music type of listener, so I'm a good guide of what the general public like. I'm not particularly into the indie or underground scene.

I've heard of NDubz. They've had a No.1 single and are regularly on the telly promoting themselves and they regularly have top 10 singles in the chart. If you watch the telly, it is difficult to not have heard of them.

Biffy Clyro...Never heard of them. Have they ever had a top 10 single, as this would've helped raise their profile.

If they can get their name mentioned while Matt's single is riding high in the charts, it will do their profile a whole lot of good, as some people will go and check out their music. If they like it, they may even buy (pay for) their music.

Soldato
Biffy Clyro's song 'Mountains' got into the top 5 a few months ago. The wife had never heard of them until I played her that song, and she said 'Oh yeah I know that...it's not bad I suppose.'
Which is pretty much my reaction to them...they're all right, but it's not the kind of music that's going to be remembered a year from now. Just a bit meh.
Also, what's all this guff about the changing the of the title. Many of Horror is a ridiculous name anyway.

Soldato
Which song has the best chance of toppling the X-Factor song?

Last year, most were behind rage against the machine, now it seems people are buying 3 different songs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom