***The X-Factor Thread - ALL X-Factor Related Stuff In Here***

Associate
Was reading a little article on how Biffy Fans are losing respect for the band and how they are sellouts and how Matt has ruined the song etc etc, but this little comment at the end of the article was nice.

Didn't Biffy do a cover of Rihanna's "umbrella" ????
Did Rihanna fans act like spoilt children when they did this ??? I think the answer is no
Biffy fans are hypocrits. The song didn't become number one previously because it had no exposure. Now, for the first time in xfactor history you have a winner that loves and writes real music.The fact that Matt agrees its a beautiful song which reflects his musical taste. Matt is an excellent vocalist and songwriter and just needed the exposure, the same as the Biffy song (which I understood has been covered before and still didn't make it!) Get over yourselves Biffy fans

Man of Honour
Was reading a little article on how Biffy Fans are losing respect for the band and how they are sellouts and how Matt has ruined the song etc etc, but this little comment at the end of the article was nice.

Also not forgetting that Biffy Clyro won't have any say in Matt Cardle doing it.
I'm pretty sure that any song can be covered by anybody as long as you pay the royalties.

Permabanned
Also not forgetting that Biffy Clyro won't have any say in Matt Cardle doing it.
I'm pretty sure that any song can be covered by anybody as long as you pay the royalties.

That depends entirely on the permissions being gained from the rights holder. The rights holder is fully able to refuse the use of their material in any situation whether the royalties are offered or not.

Soldato
In all fairness, I haven't heard of this Biffy Clyro either.

Clyro should be thanking their lucky stars that they are going to get some publicity from this single, as it will probably make No.1.

In fact, Clyro, should be paying XFactor, to have their single covered. This could raise their own profile and kickstart their careers in the UK.

Soldato

The 'clean cut' one-direction. However, the one with the curly hair clearly says 'just imagine how much pussy you will get' at 7:40 ish on that video.

Probably true, but what a ****.

Associate
The people who have never heard of biffy clyro are precisely the sort of people I'd expect to be buying the xfactor single. For the record they're a pretty big rock band who get a heck of a lot of airplay on radio one.

Soldato
The people who have never heard of biffy clyro are precisely the sort of people I'd expect to be buying the xfactor single. For the record they're a pretty big rock band who get a heck of a lot of airplay on radio one.

So in other words, the people who listen to mainstream/chart music?

For the life of me, I have never heard of Biggy Clyro, and judging by your reply, they seem to be some form of rock group.

Having their single covered by the XFactor winner can only be good for them. The fact that they must've agreed to have their song covered, would suggest that they would also agree.

Soldato
So are you saying Elvisfan is the type of person to be buying it?

I was actually being sarcastic Dave ;) . I HAVE heard of them but only because of the saturation airplay of that single a couple of months ago. I heard it several times a day without having a clue who sang it until the youngest lad in the workshop told me.

I hated the song instantly. I lumped it in with that "Throw your curtains wide" rubbish by Elbow. Both songs seem (to me at least) to be aimed squarely at pussy-boy student types dreaming of their first encounter with a bird.

I dislike puff-voice Cardle's version even more.

Associate
To be fair I wouldnt know who biffy are if it wasnt for my girlfriend. I had heard their songs before (probly quite a lot) but it seemed quite boring and plain that I ignored it, not knowing a band can just be down to not thinking the music is very good. Theres quite a few artists in the charts right now that I couldnt name but who are supposedly famous, the music is rubbish so why should I pay attention to the person singing it.

Its also not like they are some underground punk band, they are probly quite happy to be raking in the royalties whilst raising their profile even more (they are already very popular over here - although it seems to be with the crowd that only like unpopular things then complain when others start liking it based on the backlash - not everyone though).

Back
Top Bottom