Things you've learnt or would like to learn

I would love to be a dab hand at DIY. You know, capable of doing a bit of everything
Are you a man? Do you own/have access to any tools?

If the answer to both is "Yes" then you are a DIY legend capable of turning your hand to any task (despite all evidence being to the contrary)! :p

I'd quite like to learn a new skill. I'm going to enrol in a Krav Maga class next week. Try that out for a month, see how I get on.

I'd also like to learn a foreign language. Possibly German. I'd definitely need to do it in a group, I couldn't teach myself, but I'm not sure how I'd go about doing that.

Id like to learn more about electronics & components and eventually be able to fix stuff like Motherboards & all that kind of stuff with dead/blown caps etc...a long way away from that though yet. :D

Also would like to get better at maths!...but never have all that much free time anymore!

Last edited:
I would love to learn how to knit, but being left handed and easily daunted by those bizarre patterns it will probably never happen lol

Oh and to learn how to speak japanese at some point, this will prolly happen :D

Sorry thought of something else to add to my list

The Occult - Tarot, Astrology, Chakric theory, Colour/musical theory, Elemental theory, Rituals (though never practiced any), Paganism and Wicca

I'd like to improve my maths and knowledge of PHP. I know Spanish, VB.NET, HTML and bits of PHP, however, I'm hoping to learn Ajax, Javascript and JSON soon.

EDIT:
I also want to drastically improve my knowledge of MySQL because it really isn't up to scratch at the minute :p

Would like to learn Xcode myself for iPhone app development. Really just need to find the time to sit down and get my head into the books but never do.

Really regret not studying C harder in uni now too.

Xcode is OS X only isnt it?

One of the things that can be learnt from home as long as you have the determination:

http://www.webref.eu/web-design-tutorials.php

Rgds

Many thanks, was thinking about starting off with a wordpress photography site...

Blue and sparkly, nice :D

I was looking at the Tanglewood TU6 in black, £23.

Don't know about that one. It's cheaper than the Dolphin, though, which is usually under £30. When I mentioned that I wanted to get a uke, everyone said that the Makala Dolphin is the best, especially when you put Aquila strings on it, which I have yet to get around to. Anyway, just passing on the info: post if you get one! :)

I can't get any of those stations to load. They just go to a black screen. Are they accessible outside of Germany?

The Windows ones work for me in the UK, and open in Windows media player. Failing that you can visit the actual radio station's website and see if they have a custom player.

Rgds

Don't know about that one. It's cheaper than the Dolphin, though, which is usually under £30. When I mentioned that I wanted to get a uke, everyone said that the Makala Dolphin is the best, especially when you put Aquila strings on it, which I have yet to get around to. Anyway, just passing on the info: post if you get one! :)

Will do, I have zero musical talent though. Good thing it's easier than guitar :p

Back
Top Bottom