This Business and Moment...

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Now I've done my ACCA exams I'm struggling with my next stage of career!

A) Quit current company and find a role elsewhere. I might have to take a slight pay cut from the payrise I just received from completion of ACCA as it was quite generous.
B) Remain in current role for another year and then likely become Financial Controller of a manufacturing company (I currently assist the FC but the way the group is restructuring they are likely to be required elsewhere).
C) Found out the group treasury manager is retiring and been offered progression into that role, however it will be very stressful as cash is currently extremely tight due to poor sales the last couple of years.

I really don't like the role I am doing at the moment, but I know having 'Financial Controller' on my CV down the line whilst I'm only 30 should do good for my career.

I dislike being an adult.

Soldato
I really don't like the role I am doing at the moment, but I know having 'Financial Controller' on my CV down the line whilst I'm only 30 should do good for my career.

As Marvt74 said, what parts do you like and dislike? There's plenty of people on this forum on both sides of the fence who could provide advice!

Caporegime
Had an interview this morning, went okay but there was a question set to answer, and I'm terrible at those sorts of thigst, I can't write quicky and if I try you can't read it :p

Be a pretty big change of role, from front end supporting backend moreso, so a bit nervous.

Hopefully find out in the next day or two

Last edited:
Caporegime
Had an interview this morning, went okay but there was a question set to answer, and I'm terrible at those sorts of thigst, I can't write quicky and if I try you can't read it :p

Be a pretty big change of role, from front end supporting backend moreso, so a bit nervous.

Hopefully find out in the next day or two

Annnnnnd

I have the job! :D

Caporegime
Ahhhh welcome to the world of headaches and banging your head against the wall :D

Joking aside. I've got a heavy background in desktop infrastructure Inc app-v, app packaging etc. Currently I am a support engineer for SCCM at Microsoft. Shout if I can help with anything :)

I may very well take you up on that as I believe the whole program needs setting up from scratch :p

Back
Top Bottom