This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Found out my cousin died of bowel cancer yesterday. He didn't tell anyone in the family apart from his immediate family. It was a terminal diagnosis 2 years ago and the last time family saw him he looked terrible but claimed it was because he'd turned vegan. I was close to him growing up but not at all in later years but still, very surreal given he was only a year older than me.

Soldato
OMG!! I'm so embarrassed!! :cry::cry::cry:

I actually just thought you were making a joke and i found it amusing. It's somehow even better that you weren't joking!

Also, when trying to quote people, i've always been clicking thr +Multi button and thought it seemed really long winded, however have just realised i can click the Reply button to quote single people!

Soldato
Found out my cousin died of bowel cancer yesterday. He didn't tell anyone in the family apart from his immediate family. It was a terminal diagnosis 2 years ago and the last time family saw him he looked terrible but claimed it was because he'd turned vegan. I was close to him growing up but not at all in later years but still, very surreal given he was only a year older than me.

It's always a tricky one i find. I can understand not wanting people to know in situations like that, would always feel like you were being pitied.

Does bring things home though, i had a mate who had a pretty bad heart attack at 31, he certainly wasn't the healthiest person around, but it's still a shock at that age.

Caporegime
My BT bill page is from the future, Apparently I paid it on the 17th may but it's only the 16th

Its been saying it was paid on the 17th for about 3 days already and obviously no money has been taken from my bank account in advance
QbIUoCA.jpg

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Health permitting, I will finally get a chance to write out some outstanding (long overdue) papers.

Lewis Carroll Boolean stuff:

Ad Omnipotens Superfallacy

Christ's Time Logic

Soldato
Back in Polzeath @moon man
This time after a year out due to having our first child. I swear this place is constantly changing.

We worked out our son is the 6th generation to holiday here. My wife’s (Cornish) family have ties going way back, holidays homes and whatnot In early 20th century.

Bit of a damp and mild week ahead, but never bothers us.

Soldato
Ah yes my weekend place ,it's not ridiculously busy yet but I've bought 27 days parking for £25 so not fighting for a spot, weather is mixed but some big swells arriving later today ,planning a bodyboard session Saturday.
Also sometimes walk up to the rumps or south to rock, chill and read the kindle

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Gosh, my head feels a bit bashed about after todays mri brain scan. Hopefully the discomfort and attention-woosiness will be gone 2morro.

@moon man that parking sounds like a bargain at only 25 smackers.

Man of Honour
Opened the curtains to be confronted by a view of the neighbours in full hazmat... was like should I be concerned? it is a farm/estate so occasionally that happens for fairly normal reasons.

Permabanned
N Dubz HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA
HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA

N Dubz HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA
HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA

Associate
Caught Covid again (2nd time) which stopped me going on a planned work trip to Milan with two Colleagues.

Right now I am stuck in the UK on an all day Webex while those two tell me how hot and enjoyable Italy is right now :cry:

Soldato
Had a trip up to London for a physio appointment today, fitted me with a CPAP machine to help me when I'm exercising.
This thing is amazing, I can do more than a couple of minutes of exercise now without feeling like I'm about to collapse and having chest pain. 10 minutes of running on a treadmill and I had no symptoms whatsoever. I'm absolutely estatic right now.

Permabanned
People do not read signs. Returned an item of clothing earlier on today at a supermarket. Their lottery machine is down. Despite signs all around the kiosk/cust service desk, two customers came up and asked for lottery, whilst my refund was done.

Then the self scans, one half are card only and the others are card and cash. Customer scans shopping on a card only till and tries to pay cash. Shop worker points out that the cash ones are on the other side. Fortunately, the staff could save the transaction and scan the receipt onto a cash/card till.

Man of Honour
People do not read signs.

I have trouble sometimes taking in all the signs, etc., especially if I'm in an unfamiliar place, unless I'm specifically expecting or looking for something I often just filter out a lot of stuff. Some people though are just lazy or stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom