This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Man of Honour
Almost starved for want of smoke and a coffee.

I've always thought if a zombie apocalypse ever came it would be the shortage of cigarettes and coffee which would scare most people who survived more than the zombies.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Fwiw - our team found the first scientific evidence of the existence of the human Will on Jan 12th 2022.
Descartes was wrong. He was a man who imagined himself to be his calculator. What was his difficulty? He only had one calculator - he was merely intelligent.

Soldato
Oiled a annoying squeaky door hinge and now it keeps swinging closed with the breeze, so from one annoyance to another.

Soldato
I found a pattern in bad dreams on waking - they only exist in the main to get you to go wee. The content of the dream seems to matter least.

When I worked for one of the oil majors, part of the medical was a blood sample after a 24 hour fast, which was pretty rough, plus I had to travel by train from Liverpool to Birmingham to undergo the medical, which was again, rough. 2 years later I had to do the same thing to renew my medical certificate, only to be told on arrival by the receptionist: “Oh, sorry, we scrapped the fasting blood tests last month, we just didn’t update the appointment letter in time before yours went out….” Needless to say, I had a bit of a “sense of humour failure”, and when the examining Doctor pointed out that my blood pressure was a bit raised compared to 2 years ago, my rather terse answer was that I wasn’t seething when they measured it 2 years ago, which he thought was a fair enough comment considering the circumstances.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Spoke to a guy today who runs an indoor flea market in Brighton. Off to see them next week to get a cabinet, will help with selling items that I can't on some online platforms (bayonets, swords etc).

Soldato
Wonder how it compares to a solar panel - I guess it keeps functioning for quite a while between exposure to light as long as it gets regular exposure to UV. Wonder what kind of output a more scaled up version can provide as well.

I was wondering how big it would need to be to charge a phone.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
f(H) eq Happiness equation / law
Need + (62.5% x 3) < 15days.
================
Need

That formula took me more than 10 years to figure out (discover). Tomorrow I have another 6hr fast before an a/v fistula sonography scan. I will try to stay happy.

But, fasting when you dont have to (!). Madness without a coffee (off-limits too).

Soldato
I haven't been able to hold my concentration reading for decades but on book 3 (of 14 iirc) of wheel of time series it's really appealing to my love of quest type storys ,but I usually get bogged down by too many characters ,this has the time to introduce them at a pace that's not overwhelming to my red wine destroyed brain cells

Soldato
Pretty sure there is a dead fox under my decking it stinks outside and lots of flies about. :(

I think the time has come to get it replaced with paving...

Soldato
For tomorrow
Screenshot-20220515-142927.png

RxR

RxR

Soldato
In 2015 or so I was offered a PhD on the spot (outright) for an experimental research contribution I made, by an Emeritus Professor of a uni I once attended.

At the time I had no use for it, so said 'thanks. But I cant use it at this time'.

For the last 4 months or so Ive been trying to collect. Methinks the Professor is now too old to recall the offer.

No, looks fairly intact but I've not looked too closely. Figured it would be worth ~£50 not to have to dispose of it myself. Even better that it is no charge.

Using the circular saw was manning up enough for me. :o
I'm very impressed that you cut it all up! I can imagine it was messy though! I'd have wanted to keep it and stuff it! :p

Top Bottom