This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Sometimes things are just so dysfunctional levels of stupid it does my head in... there is a road closure overnight down the road from me:

People, especially lorries, are still ignoring the signs (and going around where the access only signs half block the road at the turning off the main road) then inevitably having to try and turn around or reverse out at the closure itself where there is very little space especially for lorries.

Whoever put the signs out needs to slap themselves around the head generally the positioning isn't great safety wise - one of the closure signs for instance is sat sticking out into the road (no verge just a wall) in the middle of a narrow 90 degree blind bend forcing drivers out onto the other side of the road with very little time to react and despite with the closure there *shouldn't* be much traffic coming the other way there still is - especially with people turning around and locals either residents or people using side tracks as a diversion.
We had this a few months ago. Road ahead closed 200m from the road works. There was a large hole 2m x 3m x 2m deep. Yet saw a couple of cars driving on the pavement by the hole, narrowing missing a building.

Then about 1/2 mile from me, there's a crossroads. One part of the crossroad, the left hand lane is for turning left only. The number of cars going straight ahead on left lane is crazy. 7 cars I saw.

Soldato
I used to hate nights ,I was like the walking dead ,worked for Mars in Leeds 3 days on then 2 nights then 5 Off ,bodyclock was well out of sync ,good weekends though
Ditto, absolutely hate nights. We get 46 hours off between nights and days. It's brutal. But I have done my time and only days from now on.

Soldato
Screenshot-20220716-105953.png

Soldato
Sat in the garden on the new patio enjoying the sunshine….

Except for the fact that the neighbours have: a.) dogs of their own that are yappy little ***** and b.) run a dog grooming/doggy daycare business from their house, so I’m treated to the sound of either distressed dogs not so keen on getting groomed yelping, dogs fighting with theirs in the garden, and when they don’t have four-pawed guests, the sound of their own little cherubs going absolutely ape-**** at every little sound, and howling whenever they’re left on their own. Lovely.

Caporegime

Except for the fact that the neighbours have: a.) dogs of their own that are yappy little ***** and b.) run a dog grooming/doggy daycare business from their house, so I’m treated to the sound of either distressed dogs not so keen on getting groomed yelping, dogs fighting with theirs in the garden, and when they don’t have four-pawed guests, the sound of their own little cherubs going absolutely ape-**** at every little sound, and howling whenever they’re left on their own. Lovely.

Welcome to 2022 where consideration for others no longer exists.

Soldato
Welcome to 2022 where consideration for others no longer exists.

Indeed. I have a 6-foot long solid iron wrecking bar with a pointed tip one end, ostensibly for breaking up concrete, levering up paving slabs etc. Finding myself daydreaming about sharpening it with my angle grinder, then going about their garden making a Korean Sish-kebab with it.

That sounds torturous :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom