This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Staying at a Travelodge in Vauxhall ahead of my visa interview at the US Embassy tomorrow, and just paid £2.75 + VAT, so £3.30 for a pint of Stella in the hotel bar. Suspiciously cheap, half expecting Jeremy Beadle to jump out any second and charge me for the other half!

Soldato
Staying at a Travelodge in Vauxhall ahead of my visa interview at the US Embassy tomorrow, and just paid £2.75 + VAT, so £3.30 for a pint of Stella in the hotel bar. Suspiciously cheap, half expecting Jeremy Beadle to jump out any second and charge me for the other half!
In Vauxhall! **** me. £4 would be cheap.

Soldato
Those I know who don't drink for various reasons have been charged more than that for a pint of Coke.

Soldato
My friend who doesn’t drink (medical issues) wonders if everyone in all pubs, restaurants etc asks for Coke, Fanta, 7up on draughty, without ice, how much extra syrup would they need?

I ask for 2 cubes if given the option or no ice. As they put the ice in first so get far less drink

Associate
While I sympathize with the family, I'm kind of glad that its over (no way to say that without sounding horrible).

He should have gone peacefully weeks ago.

Putting the sentiment aside, he did actually "go" weeks ago, the rest was a painful tug of war over the management (or otherwise) of the family's grief played out in the courts and media.

Caporegime
While I sympathize with the family, I'm kind of glad that its over (no way to say that without sounding horrible).

He should have gone peacefully weeks ago.
I feel the same as you do. I can’t think ill of his mum though. Yes she’s said some things which I strongly disagree with, but the sadness and frustration she must have been feeling is unmeasurable. It’s literally the very worst situation a parent can find theirselves in and you’ll never want to let go.

But I also agree that despite his official death being today, he’s been dead pretty much since it happened in April.

Man of Honour
I feel the same as you do. I can’t think ill of his mum though. Yes she’s said some things which I strongly disagree with, but the sadness and frustration she must have been feeling is unmeasurable. It’s literally the very worst situation a parent can find theirselves in and you’ll never want to let go.

But I also agree that despite his official death being today, he’s been dead pretty much since it happened in April.
Agreed. Her comments and behaviours cannot be condemned, she's just lost her son. I literally can't imagine how she feels, it makes me feel rather ill at the thought. No doubt most parents would do everything in their power to try and prolong the time with their child. No parent should have to watch their child die. It happens if course, but **** me if it isn't absolutely the worse thing to happen to someone.

At least they can start the grieving process now. They'll never get over it, but the pain will hopefully reduce over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom