This Instant And Moment - 2022!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A visitor to a house down road has parked their car on the bend. Very stupid place to park. Plus the way car sticks out makes it difficult to drive around it.

Selfish, ignorant idiot. Driver deserves a dent.

Plenty of those about, see it everyday. Delivery drivers think they have carte blanche to park anywhere cos they’re doing a job.

Rather than start a new thread - was driving home earlier and came across a police incident blocking the road - as I approached the police car stopping traffic the sat nav part of the infotainment system rebooted itself - coincidence? I notice the policeman keyed and started talking into the mic at about the same moment - never had any problems with it before so far but seems a bit strange there was enough interference to cause that.

It then took a couple of minutes to sort itself out again and find satellites - not very convenient when I was wanting to quickly route around the incident using roads I wasn't 100% familiar with.

Terrible year in the family for pets!

After putting the cat down after 16 years last month, this weekend we had to put one of the dogs down. She was the mum of our first dog, that the breeders were looking to move on after they'd had a first child, which coincided with us getting in touch with them after deciding to get a second to keep the first company.
She was 6 at the time and seemed a little nervous. However i can say that over the last 4.5 years she's definitely been loved and had a good life. She got to about 11 which is damn old for a French Bulldog, and it was a tough decision. For the last 18 months she's had loads of skin issues which never really respond to medication, her back legs started to go, she was snapping at the other dog which the vet said was a way to hold a pack leader position by attacking challengers before they rise up and then recently she's been pooing without even realising she was doing it.

Given she'd deteriorated quite a lot in the last 2 months, the vet agreed it was a good idea rather than wait until she was completely gone. Similar to how most humans don't want to simply "survive"

Rest in doggy heaven Mya. May there be countless tennis balls to destroy!

(Blocked out the wife since she'd kill me!)

We're now down to the last dog who's a 10yr old Frenchie that starting to have some knee issues in both back legs, so who know's how much longer he'll last :(

Cg06VWf.jpg

After putting the cat down after 16 years last month, this weekend we had to put one of the dogs down. She was the mum of our first dog, that the breeders were looking to move on after they'd had a first child, which coincided with us getting in touch with them after deciding to get a second to keep the first company.
She was 6 at the time and seemed a little nervous. However i can say that over the last 4.5 years she's definitely been loved and had a good life. She got to about 11 which is damn old for a French Bulldog, and it was a tough decision. For the last 18 months she's had loads of skin issues which never really respond to medication, her back legs started to go, she was snapping at the other dog which the vet said was a way to hold a pack leader position by attacking challengers before they rise up and then recently she's been pooing without even realising she was doing it.

Given she'd deteriorated quite a lot in the last 2 months, the vet agreed it was a good idea rather than wait until she was completely gone. Similar to how most humans don't want to simply "survive"

We're now down to the last dog who's a 10yr old Frenchie that starting to have some knee issues in both back legs, so who know's how much longer he'll last :(

Cg06VWf.jpg
Awwwww, I'm so sorry to hear that.

She is beautiful.

Cg06VWf.jpg
Mate, sorry to hear that :(

Last night got a text to say a parcel delivered by Royal Mail will be delivered between 11:20-13:20. An attempt to deliver parcel was done at 9:35am! I was at the gym. Have to wait until tomorrow to get it from sorting office. Used to be open about 6 hours a day. Now it’s only 8-10am. Grr!

Just had an E14 bulb go dramatically - was flickering for a bit this morning and turned it on just now it flickered madly then went out followed by thick black smoke enough to blot the light fixture from view before it popped tripping the light circuit.

Had some bulbs go with quite a pop before but not had it that dramatically, and now the room stinks.

Sitting on the beach Sunday in the South UK and look up to see 3 Cranes flying over.

I've only ever seen them in France and on checking did see that they do visit the UK and may have been flying back home before a new nest tax come in.

Picked up my parcel from sorting office. It was supposed to be a litter picker/grabber which I bought on Amazon via a third party. Collected the parcel which was a different shape to a picker. Turns out they delivered me a bath stool. Even the invoice in the parcel says picker/grabber.

Requested a return - first time with a third party and a different item. No idea how that works.

Picked up my parcel from sorting office. It was supposed to be a litter picker/grabber which I bought on Amazon via a third party. Collected the parcel which was a different shape to a picker. Turns out they delivered me a bath stool. Even the invoice in the parcel says picker/grabber.

Requested a return - first time with a third party and a different item. No idea how that works.
Could you not just unfold the stool, sit down, reach the item you want to grab, then stand up again? Improvise, adapt, overcome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom