This Instant And Moment - 2024!

My daughter is a pretty good goalkeeper but is still in training. We train most days. A snapshot from this morning:

Me: "Schmeichel for his aggression, Neuer for his aerobic ability and then there is Kahn."
Daughter: "Was he good?"
Me: "Better than that."
Daughter: "I'll look him up. Sounds fun."

4RZanW.gif

I walked to the garden centre here in Mirfield,walked back through council estate, their back gardens look over open fields with a pathway going through
Nearly every house has thrown all their crap, mattresses old toys nappies you name it over their fence .
I mean it's a potentially lovely spot,
They deserve to be thrown out and deserving families put in

Perception can be crazy like that.

I like to think I’m logical and don’t believe in stuff but there are a lot of occurances where you just have “that feeling”
My dad is pretty miffed that relatives of my aunt’s ex and great granddaughter’s mum came to visit! Why? They didn’t send birthday or Christmas cards for a good 15 years or so

I walked to the garden centre here in Mirfield,walked back through council estate, their back gardens look over open fields with a pathway going through
Nearly every house has thrown all their crap, mattresses old toys nappies you name it over their fence .
I mean it's a potentially lovely spot,
They deserve to be thrown out and deserving families put in
There’s one family that does this down my road. They chuck out nappies by folding in the remaining stickiness of the nappy into a ball. They did this when their eldest two were in nappies. There’s an 8 year (guessing) between the second child and the third and fourth children- the latter two have a years gap between them.

Awesome. Glad you got to see it on the trip. A fairly wonderful general backdrop too!

That is the only shot I got over that amazing back drop. The aurora was mainly over the water. But for about 1 minute it was over there. And I managed to get a peak shot.

It was the same place it actually danced. Rather than kind of the slow fade in/out.

Very special.

Probably going to tromso next winter for some more fast paced stuff (dog sledding, sbow mobile etc). Lofoten done in summer and winter now. Definitely nice to see it in 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Why on earth do I need to redo an ID check when reinstalling the Chase bank app?

It took bloody forever to do when I opened the account and now I’ve had to send it to a human to review again. Don’t think any other bank does this when you’ve already got an account with them?

Not really an instant and this moment but anyway.

My son 19 lost his mum, my ex wife last month.

His mums best friend who she has known since being a small child, and a person who was around there every day , went on foreign holidays etc with them..

literally she disappeared out of his life, he hasn't seen or heard from her since the funeral, she was pretty much a second mum to him I guess.

she was milking his mums death on Facebook as well, almost as soon as it happened.

she offered him literally 0 help with anything..

Only family members he has are me and his half brother, literally everyone else from his mums line is dead or he's never known them.

you think you know people, and then you don't know them at all.

Last edited:
Why on earth do I need to redo an ID check when reinstalling the Chase bank app?

It took bloody forever to do when I opened the account and now I’ve had to send it to a human to review again. Don’t think any other bank does this when you’ve already got an account with them?
Probably were a bit lax with KYC checks when they first got going?

Just cleaning up some of my older emails and found a bunch from 7/7/2005, forgot how tense that day was living not far from where it happened and having friends and family commuting through, etc. loads of back and forth with people trying to make sure everyone was OK.

It's the same for Starling, Monzo and First Direct and probably others. It should be pretty obvious why and it's not something you have to do that often. Hang in there my friend!

Not really an instant and this moment but anyway.

My son 19 lost his mum, my ex wife last month.

His mums best friend who she has known since being a small child, and a person who was around there every day , went on foreign holidays etc with them..

literally she disappeared out of his life, he hasn't seen or heard from her since the funeral, she was pretty much a second mum to him I guess.

she was milking his mums death on Facebook as well, almost as soon as it happened.

she offered him literally 0 help with anything..

Only family members he has are me and his half brother, literally everyone else from his mums line is dead or he's never known them.

you think you know people, and then you don't know them at all.

I'm sorry to hear about the death and the drama afterwards, hopefully she comes round a bit, she might be in shock herself still?

Someones stuck int he apartment lift for over an hour now.

I was probably the last person in/out of the building before it got stuck too, but I nearly always just take the stairs or I could have been the one trapped :D

2 fire engines out just because a lift is stuck though :O guess they sit around with nothing better to do

Last edited:
both fire engines are still outside, I guess if you ever get stuck in a lift... then your basically trapped for hours.

It's only about 5 stories as well so not like it's a huge lift shaft, I think it's stuck on the 4th floor

both fire engines are still outside, I guess if you ever get stuck in a lift... then your basically trapped for hours.

It's only about 5 stories as well so not like it's a huge lift shaft, I think it's stuck on the 4th floor

I thought all passenger lifts now have to have an emergency escape hatch. Maybe doesn't apply to residential ones :s

EDIT: Apparently it is only 2 way communications and doesn't have to apply retrospectively :(

Last edited:
I thought all passenger lifts now have to have an emergency escape hatch. Maybe doesn't apply to residential ones :s
IDK I rarely used it and never took notice, they just drove off so he must be free after about 2-2.5 hours.

The lift was refitted towards the later half of last year, so it will all be up to standard.

Edit still a fire engine out the back, thought they both drove off earlier.
Maybe hes still trapped then

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom