This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Soldato
I often wonder why the supermarkets I shop at don't sell certain items..
I can think of loads of stuff I buy on amazon, or used to get from Wilko.... I'd pick them up more often than not on a weekly shop. small items that would take up almost no shelf space.

Supermarkets could be making some tidy profits easy... It's clear the rich people who run these companies don't use the high street, they don't use supermarkets and they are clueless.

people who do all their shopping online or have personal shoppers shouldn't be running any of these companies, they are the reason people just look online now
The Range sell Wilko branded goods but not everything Wilko sold, like tap washers, light switch plates etc.

My work did use to sell more things like engine oil, poly filler etc. Not for ages. As since then we have increased the range of free from stuff and alcohol free drinks which I don’t know anyone who buys it as if don’t drink, stick to soft drinks and juices. Plus most are rank

Soldato
Yep. All those nationwide stock keeping decisions are made by CEOs who never look at logistics or sales data.
Or shops around them.

We get taramasalata in all the time. Nobody buys it. When we find a case of it on the delivery and look at the date “who’s in on 2nd June on code checking?” As we always reduce it to 10p a pot and still no one buys it as it’s disgusting. Even if we gave £1 to a customer to take a pot away, they still wouldn’t take one. So HQ has data on which foods get reduced at which store. They should know every 10 days we have to reduce all the taramasalata on the chiller shelf without fail. So why send cases to my store?

I remember on my first trip abroad to Corfu aged 6 and on the buffet saw this pink stuff and i thought it was strawberry custard. Took a big mouthful and my dad couldn’t stop laughing when i said it’s horrible.

Soldato
Yes, that's why every brand under the sun now has an alcohol free offering. Because they're rank and no one drinks them :rolleyes:

I'm very sorry you hate taramasalata :p
Very few foods I don’t like. Most of the foods I don’t like is because of the texture. Not going to enjoy something if the texture is weird. Cottage cheese and mushy apples (Golden Delicious) are examples

RxR

RxR

Soldato
Am frustrated I cant refind a PubMed article I read a few years ago. It contains the minimum dose of vit D3 to mechanically regrow skeletal muscles without exercise (3000iu a day). I've got a relative with extreme sarcopenia (muscle wasting, due to age) who will likely die due to complications resulting from a fall (they have spindly legs already) who needs to see the article.

Last edited:
Soldato
I remember on my first trip abroad to Corfu aged 6 and on the buffet saw this pink stuff and i thought it was strawberry custard. Took a big mouthful and my dad couldn’t stop laughing when i said it’s horrible.

I was in Budapest, with a raging hangover.

I went to the shop and bought a carton of milk (not being sure of the Hungarian word for "milk") from the milk section.

Stood outside and starting downing it, to find it was actually sour cream. Loads of people about, so couldn't spit it out onto the pavement and had to swallow a big mouthful.

Amazingly, managed to keep it down.

Caporegime
Went to pick up an amazon package, a new shower hose from a local collection point outside a shop.

I grab my package and cross over, some young woman with a dog comes over the street after me "I was coming to talk to you, Do you have a couple of quid so I can get a hotel room?"....
I state I don't use cash and walk on down the back alleys back towards where I live.
She goes down the main street.

I pop out back onto the main road about 6 streets down and shes there with her dog again...

I'm convinced someone walking their dog, who probably lives on my street or next to it, literally begged me for cash...

I see the same guy in the city centre near the bus station all the time asking for 1.50 to get home, and early in the morning you see them all headed to town with their sleeping bags...

No shame these days and I blame all t he soft touches who can't say no or blank them..

I got approached by some African woman offering business the other week as well , literally one street away from where I live, she asked if I was local and I said n o because I thought she was going to ask for directions :cry:

I bet she was trying to avoid propositioning someone who lives near her as she was probably on her way home or something :p.

I looked at her in disgust and walked off
ofeFZuN.png

she tutted at me :cry:

No offence to people who do that but Business is such a dirty sounding word to me

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently wrecked, waiting for a train home after catching up with a friend.

Today was ace- saw about half a dozen slow worms and a lizard in the garden.

My job interview was delayed, but that means I haven't failed yet.

Soldato
Mum's in a care home I'd like to bring her nearer but my sis doesn't think its a good idea its more expensive down here and when the money runs out she's at the mercy of the council. She's too far away to visit on any kind of regular basis so I have to find overnight accommodation which means I can't visit as often as I'd like. Sigh.

Caporegime

It was awesome.
You could pick from 3 tracks with 3 different genres. But you could. Just take headphones off and talk. Tbh I preferred it to normal "clubs". Headphones were pretty good too. Thought they'd be dead cheap.

First time in Llandaff Cathedral!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom