This Instant And Moment - 2024!

I've not spent a lot of time in MK, but when I've been there I always thought it was a relatively nice town - green and spacious by comparison to most.
I think it's getting there that's not great. From what I've seen it's nicely spaced out. But going there from Bedford just felt like a million roundabouts people feel the need to race between.

I don't like going to the dentist's like most people but the one I've had for 15 years has always been amazing and is a really nice person in general. Got an email today from his practice partner to say he'd been away because he'd suffered a spontaneous retinal detachment and despite emergency surgery and excellent post-operative care at the Bristol Eye Hospital, the damage to his eye could not be repaired. So he has been given the devastating news that he can no longer continue his work as a practicing dentist; it simply would be clinically unsafe to do so.

Quite sad about it tbh. They gave an email to send on messages of goodwill so I'm going to thank him for making what was always an anxious experience far more manageable because of him.

I've been to the majority.

Bath is nicer.
Bristol is nicer.
York is nicer.
Edinburgh is nicer.
Manchester is nicer.
Brighton is nicer.
Even London is more enjoyable.

It's soulless, grotty, unnecessarily expensive.

I find Bristol a bit of a dump though it has more character than MK, Bath is generally quite nice, but a lot of UK cities are sadly a bit tired and run down. Those all have far more character and feel of life than MK though.

Can't actually remember the last time I've been to Manchester other than just passing through on the train though.

Last edited:
How does it compare to Birmingham, Bradford, and Stoke? :p
No comment :p

I find Bristol a bit of a dump though it has more character than MK, Bath is generally quite nice, but a lot of UK cities are sadly a bit tired and run down. Those all have far more character and feel of life than MK though.

Can't actually remember the last time I've been to Manchester other than just passing through on the train though.

that's the point, they have some character / soul, MK is just a concrete dive with nothing going for it.

I stupidly ordered a new CPU (7800X3D) from one of the big online retailers, the rainforest one. It just arrived and the seal on the product box (not the Amazon box) was broken, and the CPU and plastic sleeve it usually comes in was missing. I am so bloody angry, I was looking forward to using it, literally have my pc case opened up, old CPU removed, and ready to go.

Thankfully after 20 mins on the phone they've refunded me. No questions asked.

I've just ordered again from OcUK, which is what I should have done in the first place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom