This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Associate
Had a lot go on this week, lost a mate suddenly, only in his early 40s. My dog was attacked and injured quite badly, partner struggling with a few things and Dad is in hospital with jaundice looking like Homer because he's a fool and it took me going home, by chance, and finding him like that with a following 2-3 day argument to get him to go to the hospital. (Well, not a fool for the jaundice but for trying to ignore being yellow as if it would magically go away). Why the rest of my family didn't do something, or tell me, and why it took such an argument to get him to go, I will never understand. They make everything as difficult as possible. To top it off, although he is now being cared for they still aren't really sure why he is as ill as he is. Time will tell.

That's my moan done with, needed somewhere to vent it a little bit. I think the last 7-10 days is the first time I have ever felt what something approaching a panic attack might be like and I'm generally pretty stable with things like that. Never had so many things pile on in such a short period of time before.

Last edited:
Had a lot go on this week, lost a mate suddenly, only in his early 40s. My dog was attacked and injured quite badly, partner struggling with a few things and Dad is in hospital with jaundice looking like Homer because he's a fool and it took me going home, by chance, and finding him like that with a following 2-3 day argument to get him to go to the hospital. (Well, not a fool for the jaundice but for trying to ignore being yellow as if it would magically go away). Why the rest of my family didn't do something, or tell me, and why it took such an argument to get him to go, I will never understand. They make everything as difficult as possible. To top it off, although he is now being cared for they still aren't really sure why he is as ill as he is. Time will tell.

That's my moan done with, needed somewhere to vent it a little bit. I think the last 7-10 days is the first time I have ever felt what something approaching a panic attack might be like and I'm generally pretty stable with things like that. Never had so many things pile on in such a short period of time before.
Oh wow, you poor thing. That does sound like seriously lots of awful and heavy stuff to have to try and deal and cope with :(

I hope things start to improve for you soon.

Soldato
Big birds:

IMG-3332.jpg

IMG-3334.jpg

IMG-3335.jpg

IMG-3342.jpg

IMG-3350.jpg

IMG-3351.jpg

Soldato
Well, two weeks until I start my new job, and I am not being given any new work- I suspect I am a Delivery Risk.

An opportunity to research my new job, I guess.

*wastes day on Wikipedia, looking at the formation of planets etc*

Caporegime
Got home from work, went to bed straight away from like 5pm, hot and cold all night. With a fan blasting over me too. Window wide open and I recall checking the temperature and it was 18c outside but I felt really hot.

After sleeping 15hrs I am feeling a lot better, but snots coming out of my nose the same colour as Wether's Original....

Soldato
Just dropped a 4 pack of beer in the supermarket and one of them exploded! Ripped the can down the side. There was an employee right there and I was like, “What do we do?” (as in do you want me to pay for that) and he was like, “I’ll get the mop”. :D

Embarrassing. :D

Man of Honour
I don't know why but I find MK to be a proper dump. I hate coming here, unfortunately that's where the office is... so after 2.5hrs of commuting I'm faced with this ********. Why do people like it so much?

Soldato
I don't know why but I find MK to be a proper dump. I hate coming here, unfortunately that's where the office is... so after 2.5hrs of commuting I'm faced with this ********. Why do people like it so much?
They don't, it's just close enough to London whilst being substantially cheaper than nicer commuter towns.

Man of Honour

I don't mind it but as people often say it feels soulless.

Back
Top Bottom