This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Associate
Currently trying to convince my father in law to get a smart phone to make keeping in touch with the wider family via WhatsApp easier (we have to ring him on the landlines at the moment) Apparently phones are too complex- this is from a guy who happily will reinstall windows and change the cmos battery on his motherboard when it runs out!

Man of Honour
I stupidly ordered a new CPU (7800X3D) from one of the big online retailers, the rainforest one. It just arrived and the seal on the product box (not the Amazon box) was broken, and the CPU and plastic sleeve it usually comes in was missing. I am so bloody angry, I was looking forward to using it, literally have my pc case opened up, old CPU removed, and ready to go.

Thankfully after 20 mins on the phone they've refunded me. No questions asked.

I've just ordered again from OcUK, which is what I should have done in the first place.

Only CPUs I'd buy from Amazon are like refurbished Xeons, etc. even mid-tier stuff there is a high chance of it being missing, going missing in transit or even fake :( I'd also not rush to buy high end phones, graphic cards or SSD/NVMEs from there, though lesser know brands aren't usually a problem - I've bought a bunch of SK Hynix M.2 NVMEs without a problem but a friend for example bought 3x Samsung 990s from there and 2 just had random rubbish in the box.

Soldato
Only CPUs I'd buy from Amazon are like refurbished Xeons, etc. even mid-tier stuff there is a high chance of it being missing, going missing in transit or even fake :( I'd also not rush to buy high end phones, graphic cards or SSD/NVMEs from there, though lesser know brands aren't usually a problem - I've bought a bunch of SK Hynix M.2 NVMEs without a problem but a friend for example bought 3x Samsung 990s from there and 2 just had random rubbish in the box.
Yes, lesson definitely learned. In future I'll be filming me unpacking anything of value that I receive as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
I like to get the big chopper out on a Sunday

Screenshot-2024-06-30-09-49-30-44-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Man of Honour
So I'm randomly watching Constantine clips on YouTube while browsing footwear...

pxs7yIW.png

The actor's name is Peter Stormare.

Caporegime
I like to get the big chopper out on a Sunday
is it even safe to use that 4gang extension?
probably not good to have all those cables coiled over like that either.

extension reels tell you to unreel the whole thing if your pulling so many amps, so having the cables coiled like inside an electric motor is probably a fire hazard
Annoyed I didn't win, but I'm 20 years older than most of them.
did you get a participation trophy :p

Last edited:
Soldato

extension reels tell you to unreel the whole thing if your pulling so many amps, so having the cables coiled like inside a magnet is probably a fire hazard

well i survived, maybe the site safe stepdown transformer helped fully isolated from mains , also its one plug used on a straight extension , i was more worried that that big blade would destroy itself sending shrapnel through my soft bits

Soldato

extension reels tell you to unreel the whole thing if your pulling so many amps, so having the cables coiled like inside an electric motor is probably a fire hazard

It's nothing to do with coils, motors or induction. It's just that heat builds up in wound up cables.

And those cables are hardly coiled, more piled up :p

Soldato

Pretty sure moon man lives in a house built by his neighbor (or was that someone else from darrrrnnnn sarrff?)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ghosts aren't real. They are man made nonsense. If they were real we would have historical statements of dinosaur ghosts.

Prove me wrong :mad:

Soldato
Just had to wait at the petrol station as some moron blocked four pumps with his rubbish car positioning.

To add insult to injury, the fat lump then sat in his car eating a sausage roll he'd just bought, after paying for his fuel.

Shouting at him made me feel good. Guilt is for the weak.

Man of Honour
Just had to wait at the petrol station as some moron blocked four pumps with his rubbish car positioning.

To add insult to injury, the fat lump then sat in his car eating a sausage roll he'd just bought, after paying for his fuel.

Shouting at him made me feel good. Guilt is for the weak.

I'm curious with people like that whether they just don't care or are oblivious. There is a point they need a good shouting at though I doubt it will sink in and they'll just think you are the rude person without any retrospection of their own actions.

Back
Top Bottom