This Instant And Moment - 2024!

Looking for advice, would you report a near miss to police when driving if your car was not actually damaged? Just had an incident with a pickup where he tried to overtake me and ran out of room and went straight over the central no overtaking sign and then overtook me later on (on no overtake chevrons) and force me to stop by cutting in.

Looking for advice, would you report a near miss to police when driving if your car was not actually damaged? Just had an incident with a pickup where he tried to overtake me and ran out of room and went straight over the central no overtaking sign and then overtook me later on (on no overtake chevrons) and force me to stop by cutting in.

Yeah probably, there is a form you can submit online. Or you can report it via the non emergency number.

Yeah probably, there is a form you can submit online. Or you can report it via the non emergency number.
Probably more hassle than it's worth having had some time to calm down. I slowed down and let him cut in, other drivers would have refused to let him in and probably have a road rage incident.

No. 9.25h x4. But it's flexitime so no set hours, I generally do 745-1730.
I think I preferred having Wednesday as my non working day. Might go back to that as it was better for mentally in terms of using that time for learning as my brain was very much "this is a work day".
That is a pretty terrific idea. I always thought Wednesday off were bad, but it actually makes sense if you can manage your time like that. It isn't just a spill over weekend lounging day then.

That is a pretty terrific idea. I always thought Wednesday off were bad, but it actually makes sense if you can manage your time like that. It isn't just a spill over weekend lounging day then.

I guess the other nice thing was that I always knew I was no more than 2 days away from a day off.

The Daily Mail A-level results, jumping girl meme is alive and well:

This is a nice story though, a Ukrainian refugee getting an offer to go to Cambridge:

Me at 21:16 : I think I'll hope into bed early and read. I'll just quickly browse Instagram.

Over an hour later...

Yep still sat on the sofa doom scrolling
Why? Why do I do this every single night :o

No doubt tomorrow will be another late night. Got one of my niece's staying over. She's going to help me repaint my spare room. And by help I mean watch me struggle to move heavy furniture before going back to the living room to watch random stupid videos on YouTube :D

Our most regular DPD guy must hate me, I've had 2 complete sets of wheels (4x ~30kg each time) and a bunch of 33kg each leisure batteries delivered recently and always seems to be the same driver who gets those loads.

Not the driver's fault but on top of another DPD screw up, he had to move my delivery up today due to the size and weight getting in the way of other drops and turned up an hour early while I was in the shower... so had to leave them with a neighbour.

Yeah definitely must hate me - the one driver out of the ones we regularly get who seems competent as well always seems to get my heavy collections/deliveries - I had to sent a set of wheels back as they sent the wrong ones and so there will also be the replacements delivered. And I've got another project coming up which will involve heavy stuff which will likely be DPD LOL.

So did someone hack my oven or is there a bug?

7NkktZe.jpg

Just got back from a Supercar Driving Experience at Blyton Park with the kids.
Drove a Ferrari 458, Porsche 911 Turbo, Lamborghini Gallardo, and a Dodge Challenger SRT.

Had a great day and pleasantly surprised given some of the stories people have of these. Instructors were great, and really did encourage you

Trying to trim the cat's claws as they're getting long and he doesn't know how to retract them. Ends up sticking to the carpet as he walks around, poor old dude.

Only problem is he hates having his furry little hands touched! It's like trying to catch an eel, he becomes all slippery and flexible. C'mon dude, I just wanna hold your hand for a second!

Think we've done 8 out of 18, that'll do for the morning. He's had a handful of treats outside of it.

Back in the UK from Greenland.
What a crazy adventure!

I missed 2 days due to plane not being able to land in narsarsuaq because of low cloud. But every other day was full sun. I have a tan from the sheer amount of all day sun!

I swam (for 10 seconds) in Iceburg filled sea.
I saw a humpback whale, sperm whale, artic fox, caribou and ptarmigan.
I hiked on a glacier on the huge ice shelf saw iceburgs as big as my house.
I experienced a basically untouched wilderness, but the evidence of our impact on the melt rate of the glacier is there.
I had no Internet or even text communication the entire trip, amazing!

A beautiful "country", it truly felt like being on the edge of the world. Another world even.
Sad to be home!

vJ7t7zD.jpeg

6vjwO0A.jpeg

zVZaGpi.jpeg

t9hSuMB.jpeg

CurIvfn.jpeg

Trying to trim the cat's claws as they're getting long and he doesn't know how to retract them. Ends up sticking to the carpet as he walks around, poor old dude.

Only problem is he hates having his furry little hands touched! It's like trying to catch an eel, he becomes all slippery and flexible. C'mon dude, I just wanna hold your hand for a second!

Think we've done 8 out of 18, that'll do for the morning. He's had a handful of treats outside of it.
We had the same issue with the dog. Ended up taking him to the groomers and he just stands there without issue for them :D

Interesting point! When he had a checkup at the vet he seemed to sit perfectly. I suspect he was frozen in fear!
With the dog, I think it was just excited because we were there. When we weren't he was just less interested. With the cats though, I'd imagine it will be the fear thing - however our cat is pretty evil unless she's outside, so would claw everything within about 2 metres!

Back
Top Bottom