** This Instant, Moment, and Month - December **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Well you asked if it could get any worse. :p I say go for it, I repaired my Xbox 360 myself and after a few nervous moments it was a great feeling seeing it work.

I've read fixes about pushing down on certain points sorts it out. So don't even need to dismantle it. Others is remove the casing and blast it with compressed air etc...so it's not major surgery either way. What have I got to lose?

Soldato
Personally I would say go. Other people need your support. You can only regret it as you will never get the time back. Your own thing will not involve being there so can be done anytime I feel. It is awkward but just being there makes a difference to others.

Yeah go it'll be harder to explain and to be honest the food is often worth it.

Close family I would go, family I haven't spoken to or didn't get on with, I wouldn't go.

Cheers for the input, much appreciated.

Soldato
I went to work today and realised that I am actually off from this week onwards. I had it in my head I finished Friday 16th. Felt at a bit of a loose end as I had a whole week of work planned out. Ah well

Soldato
I don't know why, but for the past week or so, I have been feeling really depressed and have no idea why. Doing things is just such a chore.

Having been in a very bad place before, I'm trying not to slip into that place again - keeping busy is proving difficult! :(

Caporegime
Lol.

I went to Karlsruhe to plug in an ASA and do a quick 10 min test back home.

Apparently its "more effective" to fly me there (alright I do work for an airline but it's private charter planes so I'm flying with Lufthansa) with the pc as checked in luggage, walk it into the office (which is in the airport) and plug it in then stay overnight (in a 5 star hotel I might add) - spend a day in that office then fly back that night. Instead of simply UPS'ing it over and getting someone to plug it in when it arrives.

It's already all setup, literally needs plugging in and switching on. That's it.

Oh well, free trip and night in a swanky hotel. Who am I to complain!

Soldato
Apparently its "more effective" to fly me there (alright I do work for an airline but it's private charter planes so I'm flying with Lufthansa) with the pc as checked in luggage, walk it into the office (which is in the airport) and plug it in then stay overnight (in a 5 star hotel I might add) - spend a day in that office then fly back that night. Instead of simply UPS'ing it over and getting someone to plug it in when it arrives.

It's already all setup, literally needs plugging in and switching on. That's it.

Judging by some of the people in my office then it's probably a lot less hassle than trying to get them to do it.

Caporegime
I believe we've spoken about this :p

Talk is cheap :p

Get yourself a nice hooker for the night

Soldato
I see that on a daily basis.

I'm moving towards Office 365/SharePoint administration and management - but still get dragged into things like that! :mad:

The problem I have IT support isn't even my job I accidentally mentioned it's my hobby and I get lumped all the stupid questions. It's rather annoying when I've got my own work to do and people are asking me why their word looks wrong. Then get annoyed when I don't instantly know what random button they pressed.

Associate
I don't know why, but for the past week or so, I have been feeling really depressed and have no idea why. Doing things is just such a chore.

Having been in a very bad place before, I'm trying not to slip into that place again - keeping busy is proving difficult! :(

Best thing to do is get yourself out and do something yhat breaks your normal routine.

out having a quick pint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom