** This Instant, Moment, and Month - February 2017 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
OK then my plan of action is to get out of this god awful company and do my working-up at a well organised well structured company run by competent people... :)

Like the one I worked at before I left and came to this hell hole... :o

Thanks.
Pretty much this. Sorry if I sounded harsh but you sounded like you needed a virtual slap :p to wake you up a bit.

Personally I avoid ITIL service desks. They're too robotic for my tastes. I like Service Desks which aim to follow an ITIL framework but are not strict on it. So an ITIL way of thinking but not 100% ITIL.

Find a decent firm and SD with a good team. You'll have a blast and learn bucket loads :)

Man of Honour
ITIL does my head in. To me its only purpose is to give people who have no idea about IT powerful positions within IT. What could possibly go wrong?

It's a framework anyway, far too many people follow it like it's the law. Go away.

Soldato
No in all serousness it isn't even about that for me, just a nice conversation would be nice, but I seem unable to actually do that - probably a confidence thing. :(
This! I tried internet dating and all for a year with no success, a month after I gave up I met my current GF. 2 years later still going strong and now live together. Main thing is get yourself out there and speak to people.
Much of it is confidence, but it's not about 'knowing how to talk to women' (your 'game') but moreover how to engage them in conversation so they feel like they're treated as an equal. But it's also a two way thing, if you're treating them as equals (and not being scared/daunted by it) then you'll naturally be at ease, find talking easier and not fumble your words etc.

For me much of it came from meeting a good group of friends in my early 20's and just going out & having a laugh pubbing/clubbing, not really caring too much about the relationship side of things and learning how to de-stress about life & work. Prior to that 'going out' hadn't really appealed to me and the friends I had were generally not interested in the same things so we never did anything 'new'. I was very self conscious and threw myself into my work, getting overly stressed at the most basic of things, yet didn't know how to break myself out of that mindset. Some of it may have been maturity, guess I reached that a few years later than others? But by my mid 20's I'd gained confidence, not just in 'speaking to women' but of life in general. Confidence in my own abilities and confidence in my ability to make the right decisions without overly stressing about them. It didn't seem like it, but that must've changed my 'appeal' to women and I went through a few in 2-3 years when previously I'd not really had a girlfriend for 5-6 years. Had a couple of 5 year+ relationships and the current one will soon be my wife! :cool:

TLDR; Chin up, don't worry about it, sort your life out, get happy with yourself and the rest will come along! :)

Soldato
Much of it is confidence, but it's not about 'knowing how to talk to women' (your 'game') but moreover how to engage them in conversation so they feel like they're treated as an equal. But it's also a two way thing, if you're treating them as equals (and not being scared/daunted by it) then you'll naturally be at ease, find talking easier and not fumble your words etc.

For me much of it came from meeting a good group of friends in my early 20's and just going out & having a laugh pubbing/clubbing, not really caring too much about the relationship side of things and learning how to de-stress about life & work. Prior to that 'going out' hadn't really appealed to me and the friends I had were generally not interested in the same things so we never did anything 'new'. I was very self conscious and threw myself into my work, getting overly stressed at the most basic of things, yet didn't know how to break myself out of that mindset. Some of it may have been maturity, guess I reached that a few years later than others? But by my mid 20's I'd gained confidence, not just in 'speaking to women' but of life in general. Confidence in my own abilities and confidence in my ability to make the right decisions without overly stressing about them. It didn't seem like it, but that must've changed my 'appeal' to women and I went through a few in 2-3 years when previously I'd not really had a girlfriend for 5-6 years. Had a couple of 5 year+ relationships and the current one will soon be my wife! :cool:

TLDR; Chin up, don't worry about it, sort your life out, get happy with yourself and the rest will come along! :)

Thank you for the advice mate. :)
Compared to 2 years ago, I am a much more confident person, especially in work. I can speak to women on a professional level no issues at all, it is as soon as I 'fancy' then is when i'm completely unable to speak to them.

As you say, it will get better as I venture out more and more - I'll just do the things I like and hope for the best :)

Soldato
Slang for in one go.

Indeed. Couldn't figure out the best way of spelling it so just rolled with it.

Plan was if I was too tired to drive back I'd just grab a hotel for the night but felt reasonably fresh mid afternoon before the return journey, then at 6.30 on the services I realised I was far more tired than I had planned for. Just took it nice and slow and stopped at every services for a leg stretch and a coffee after that. Was never a risk of falling asleep at the wheel but I didn't want to get caught in traffic and get to that point, luckily it was clear pretty much the whole way.

I definitely would think twice about doing it again.

Man of Honour
What is it with women cutting something in half to only eat both halfs?
Smaller mouths so they can't go full man animal and cram the whole lot in in one go? My house mate constantly shouts at me for eating like that, apparently it's disgusting. Personally I'm just leaving less time for it to be stolen by the dog!

Soldato
Smaller mouths so they can't go full man animal and cram the whole lot in in one go? My house mate constantly shouts at me for eating like that, apparently it's disgusting. Personally I'm just leaving less time for it to be stolen by the dog!

I meant cut it in half, leave half there, eat the one half then go back for the other. If you wanted a whole one just take the whole one? Somebody bought kirpsy kremes into work today, I'd be impressed if you got a whole one of those in your mouth. ;););)

Man of Honour
I meant cut it in half, leave half there, eat the one half then go back for the other. If you wanted a whole one just take the whole one? Somebody bought kirpsy kremes into work today, I'd be impressed if you got a whole one of those in your mouth. ;););)

Ah I get you now.

If that would impress you then I will leave you star struck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom