** This Instant, Moment, and Month - February 2017 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
OP
Electrocuted myself while working on my car by accidentally bridging between the battery and the #6 spark plug with a ratchet. Nice jolt and a shower of sparks.

Fortunately both Acme and car are unscathed. :p

Soldato
How is it Sunday already?! :(

Trying to work out what to do with my dad's old video tapes and the Disney ones that my mum has :confused:

Feel bad just sending them to landfill if there is a means of recycling them. Just need to find it lol

Caporegime
Getting really fed up with BBC iplayer live. I can stream catchup content fine, but anything live, like the fa cup game I'm trying to watch now, is absolute buffer city. I've noticed this a lot lately with iplayer. Highly doubt its my machine, hardwired into a superhub with speedtest recording a 102mbps. Must just be shoddy infrastructure on the iplayer side of things.

Soldato
How is it Sunday already?! :(

Trying to work out what to do with my dad's old video tapes and the Disney ones that my mum has :confused:

Feel bad just sending them to landfill if there is a means of recycling them. Just need to find it lol

You can use a service to copy the contents from the vhs tapes, that way whatever you have on them can be saved. :)

Soldato
You can use a service to copy the contents from the vhs tapes, that way whatever you have on them can be saved. :)
My mum suggested that but a lot of my dad's are of no interest to her. (Mainly WW2 or rude comedians lol) The Disney ones I don't think are going to be very good quality. I've found a post online from someone saying the British red cross and British heart foundation still take VHS tapes so I've tweeted both of them :)

Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Caporegime
Sigh this stomach bug thing I've got is so frustrating. I've had the squirts since Wednesday. The constant aching in my stomach means I don't feel hunger until I feel so lightheaded that I'm going to pass out. Eating itself causes me pain. Bleh!

Spoke to my fiancé's brother who is a doctor and he said that its been going around. I just need to give it time. Couple more days and I should be at the end of it. Bah

Ah well, movie binge for me today then!

Caporegime
Sigh this stomach bug thing I've got is so frustrating. I've had the squirts since Wednesday. The constant aching in my stomach means I don't feel hunger until I feel so lightheaded that I'm going to pass out. Eating itself causes me pain. Bleh!

Spoke to my fiancé's brother who is a doctor and he said that its been going around. I just need to give it time. Couple more days and I should be at the end of it. Bah

Ah well, movie binge for me today then!

Lots of water, both to flush it out and to replace all that you lost!

Second, my mum would advise eating clean, less fat and dairy stuff to let the stomach recovers and all the bacteria balances itself out. Good luck!

Caporegime
Lots of water, both to flush it out and to replace all that you lost!

Second, my mum would advise eating clean, less fat and dairy stuff to let the stomach recovers and all the bacteria balances itself out. Good luck!
Yeah I've got rehydration salts which help a lot. Like you say though...constant flushing through. Stomach is healing itself, just takes time!

Marvel movie day today!

Soldato
Damn Cadburys chocolate has gone downhill since they were bought out. Tastes rubbish now. And smaller packs!

Man of Honour
Getting really fed up with BBC iplayer live. I can stream catchup content fine, but anything live, like the fa cup game I'm trying to watch now, is absolute buffer city. I've noticed this a lot lately with iplayer. Highly doubt its my machine, hardwired into a superhub with speedtest recording a 102mbps. Must just be shoddy infrastructure on the iplayer side of things.

iPlayer is generally one of the buggiest, slowest, most infuriating apps I've ever had the misfortune of trying to use.

Man of Honour
Which ISP? It's not Virgin Media is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom