** This Instant, Moment, and Month - February 2017 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
That said - Nebbiolo wine bar is absolutely awesome. Can definitely recommend it. Nice candlelit wine bar with personalised 'sommelier' service. No wine list so god knows how much this is costing me..... :o

Caporegime
OP
I hope not - I was pushing 80 but my speed warning didn't go off that was set to 80 so I wasn't quite there or I was just over and can't remember it going off but there were a few police cars further down the road with cars pulled over so not sure if they were just taking down speeds and pulling them over?

The rule of thumb is 79MPH in a 70 (10% + 2), and an indicated 80MPH won't be 79MPH, so fingers crossed. :)

Man of Honour
That said - Nebbiolo wine bar is absolutely awesome. Can definitely recommend it. Nice candlelit wine bar with personalised 'sommelier' service. No wine list so god knows how much this is costing me..... :o

6 glasses of wine plus a small plate of nibbles £75 not bad :)

Man of Honour
lol no way sir!!! Dublin is London prices, sure, but here is 2x London. Two paninis and two coffees in a big standard coffee shop is £30. Beers are at least £7.50 for 500ml. A very nice meal, with two mains and one pud, 2 beers and one glass of wine, +£100.

It is deffo more expensive than London! But then again I'm not seeking out billy bargains :)

But yes, thank you - I will enjoy :) :cool:

I didn't find it that bad (expensive) but maybe I just didn't really think about the cost :eek: :o

You should go to warpigs - really awesome! I also found the food quality to be generally way above my expectation!

I love all the food stall/markets they have.

Thug
Soldato
lol no way sir!!! Dublin is London prices, sure, but here is 2x London. Two paninis and two coffees in a big standard coffee shop is £30. Beers are at least £7.50 for 500ml. A very nice meal, with two mains and one pud, 2 beers and one glass of wine, +£100.

It is deffo more expensive than London! But then again I'm not seeking out billy bargains :)

But yes, thank you - I will enjoy :) :cool:

Dublin isn't too bad at all once you go to the right places. (Source: came home with change from 100 euro last night).

Copenhagen however really is mental. Nearly as bad as Norway...

Caporegime
OP
I'm hoping so :o If not it'll be a day off work sat in a classroom being told off :p

Oh well it's done now, such is life. Off on a marketing course for the majority of this week so quite looking forward to it :D

Can you do more than one speed awareness course, or will it mean that you've essentially lost a safety net?

Caporegime
Can you do more than one speed awareness course, or will it mean that you've essentially lost a safety net?

You can do one every 3 years, if you had one within the last 3 years. it's going to be points.

The 10% + 2 is discretionary, I was caught doing 41 in a 30....and offered the course, it really depends on the mood of the superintendent on the day.

Man of Honour
Ok so I found something that's not as expensive in Copenhagen. Dominos pizza. No kidding, a large and a medium with no codes were less than £20.

A glamourous end to my trip.

Underboss
I was caught doing 53 in a 30 and given a verbal warning because it was 3AM on a straight wide road. :o

Lucky, I was caught doing 54 in a 30 and was given a 28 day wonder.

Walked in a 0730 to my office phone ringing, I went to make a brew and it was still ringing.

Could be a great Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom