Energy Prices (Strictly NO referrals!)

Not to mention that any "fixed contract" is a "hedged bet" against the idea of increasing prices.. It is a gamble..
Way too many people are being self-centered and assuming that a fixed price contract should ONLY apply when the fixed price if it's lower than current market rates.

You win some, you lose some.... Everyone on a fixed term contract needs to accept that reality instead of screaming about not getting cheaper rates themselves... they sure weren't complaining when it looked like their fixed rate would save them a fortune.

I'm glad I ummed and ahhhd about mine. Our 12 month fix comes to an end in October, and sainsburys had offered a 12 month fix, although based on the Cornwall insight predictions over the next 12 months their fix was only likely to save me about £150 over the course of 12 months when compared to variable.

Not to mention that any "fixed contract" is a "hedged bet" against the idea of increasing prices.. It is a gamble..
Way too many people are being self-centered and assuming that a fixed price contract should ONLY apply when the fixed price if it's lower than current market rates.

You win some, you lose some.... Everyone on a fixed term contract needs to accept that reality instead of screaming about not getting cheaper rates themselves... they sure weren't complaining when it looked like their fixed rate would save them a fortune.
Unless you’re with Octopus in which case you can change tariff without penalty.

I believe you can change tariff within the same supplier penalty free as well.
good point:

From British Gas website.

How do I switch between tariffs if I’m already a customer?​

It’s quick and easy to change tariffs online if you’re already with us. Simply access your account online, go to ‘tariff switch’ and pick your new tariff. It’ll take us 24 hours to switch you over and you won’t have to pay any exit fees.

Seems the strongest rumour now is £2500 cap whilst keeping the £400, but unknown length of time.

That would be roughly 33-34p unit rate for electric and 9p for gas, so I (me personally as my agile is 35p with half price SC) would keep Agile if they do that but ditch gas tracker.
If that's the case, it's not too bad.

Always a risk fixing, just as it was for us who were winging it on variable hoping some help would arrive.

If that's the case, it's not too bad.
Funny thing is the switch i did with BG in late May i finaly got them to move me over the other day. It was 34p electric and 10p gas, so will see what this outcome is. According to their site i can switch back to variable penalty free then. Depending on how long Truss's package lasts as i have this until end of June 2023.

I feel bad the energy suppliers who had people fix deals MUCH higher than what its going to be fixed to and now they are FURIOUS calling to complain. Going to be a fun few days for those on the phones.

I feel bad the energy suppliers who had people fix deals MUCH higher than what its going to be fixed to and now they are FURIOUS calling to complain. Going to be a fun few days for those on the phones.

To be fair thats vastly better than sticking it on SC.

We do have a very anti government debt stance in this country much more than other nations, nations with much higher debt than us are still doing ok.

The loan idea the suppliers had would have eventually moved to government debt anyway as its unlikely they would have been able to pay it back.
But interest rates are going up. I'd prefer them to hit the profiteers and tax the billionaires instead.

I'm assuming this is something specific to this announcment? ignoring the exit fee T&C.

Already 4 suppliers confirmed on MSE that let you switch back to SVR penalty free, I already knew of course agile and tracker are penalty free to switch back to SVR.

I think whats key now is how long this new cap is in place for, if its only a few months then choosing to unfix isnt easy.

Already 4 suppliers confirmed on MSE that let you switch back to SVR penalty free, I already knew of course agile and tracker are penalty free to switch back to SVR.

I think whats key now is how long this new cap is in place for, if its only a few months then choosing to unfix isnt easy.
Most places seem to suggest 2 years/winters so to the next election? then let whoever wins sort it all out

I'm assuming this is something specific to this announcment? ignoring the exit fee T&C.

If you want to switch to SVR on current supplier you can do so tracker free. You can then shift anywhere.

People on fixes are unlikely to be penalised even without any specific attention, unless they just sit on a higher fix and do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom