This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Soldato
Do we have the other footage?
3rd post down for me when i Google: newport police woman punch
You can see the woman appear to reach and pull at 1 officers gun, you can't see her pull at 2nd officer's gun who punches her, but she is in a position to do so and having tried to get 1 gun, I would suspect that she tried to again, especially if he reacted like he did.

Last edited:
Soldato
3rd post down for me when i Google: newport police woman punch
You can see the woman appear to reach and pull at 1 officers gun, you can't see her pull at 2nd officer's gun who punches her, but she is in a position to do so and having tried to get 1 gun, I would suspect that she tried to again, especially if he reacted like he did.
Ok I see it.

Some folks seem to have no self control when drunk. Trying to grab a gun was going to end in someone getting either knocked out or killed.

I wonder if she committed an offense by doing that?

Man of Honour
I have zero issue with police officers kicking 2 shades of **** out of scum.

Most of us know the types, few sniffs of beer and they want to fight the world (male and female) and frankly at that point the only thing they will understand is force. For me it doesn't matter if it's a woman or a man, they should be policed in the same manner when it comes to violent acts. For me that is batter them into submission and deal with it later.

The police have a thankless task and in my experience most are decent people trying to do the right thing but are battered by a system and now a media who seems to want to blame them for the failings of the system they have little control of. I have lots of close friends in the force, my age meaning many are now retired or retiring, but a couple of close friends are close to the top of UK police forces so I have their shared expeirence on some of the challenges.

Really tough job they face into and a really broken system. They do all they can to do the right thing but it's just hard, really really hard. There will always be bad eggs in forces, we should not try and make out however they are all bent because that is nonsense and ignorant.

Soldato
It all makes sense as soon as you read the word Newport, international city of the broken nose.

Why does the cop even have a gun?

I'm.guessing you.dont realise this happened in Newport, USA and not UK? :confused:

Having it in this thread doesn't help as people would assume it's UK as this thread is about UK police.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yet another failure for my local plod.

Reported a driver who did a dangerous u-turn in traffic, mounted and then drove down the pavement because she didn't want to wait in the queue.

This was at 15:30, outside a primary school so there were young kids and parents on the pavement.

I confronted her and she just kept trying to justify doing what she did.

3 other parents gave me their details as witnesses and I reported it to the local plod. Within an hour of reporting it the case was closed and marked NFA.

Soldato
Yet another failure for my local plod.

Reported a driver who did a dangerous u-turn in traffic, mounted and then drove down the pavement because she didn't want to wait in the queue.

This was at 15:30, outside a primary school so there were young kids and parents on the pavement.

I confronted her and she just kept trying to justify doing what she did.

3 other parents gave me their details as witnesses and I reported it to the local plod. Within an hour of reporting it the case was closed and marked NFA.

The police these days have plenty of cases reffered to them with far more compelling video evidence to consider.

I think your expectations are somewhat unrealistic.

Four witness statements, from people that frequently won't actually want to attend court, sit around for hours and give live evidence months down the line and a file for careless or inconsiderate driving is a considerable investment of already extremely stretched police resources.

Especially when any witnesses who do attend court will likely be providing less than brilliant evidence.

Many forces likely have a triage policy to immediately weed out any third party reports of traffic offences that don't have supporting video evidence unless there was an accident caused as a result.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The police these days have plenty of cases reffered to them with far more compelling video evidence to consider.

I think your expectations are somewhat unrealistic.

Four witness statements, from people that frequently won't actually want to attend court, sit around for hours and give live evidence months down the line and a file for careless or inconsiderate driving is a considerable investment of already extremely stretched police resources.

Especially when any witnesses who do attend court will likely be providing less than brilliant evidence.

Many forces likely have a triage policy to immediately weed out any third party reports of traffic offences that don't have supporting video evidence unless there was an accident caused as a result.
I suppose it doesn't matter unless a kid is run over and killed before anyone cares...

A surveillance state is therefore the logical conclusion, yes?

Back
Top Bottom