This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Soldato
I'm not sure what your opinion of the case is, other than you keep having a go at me.

If I was hit with a bag and reacted by pushing the old woman over and she died *I* would expect to be jailed for a period of time.

I'm giving my view on what I would expect to happen and was surprised it didn't happen in this case.
What you ‘expect’ and what the UK legal system demands clearly don’t align I also find it really quite bizarre that you would expect jail time for using minimal force in self defence it’s an incredible contrast to those on hear that want American style ‘my home is my casltle’ type laws that allow them to go full postal on anyone who knocks unexpectedly on the door!

There are plenty examples of terrible sentencing out there and while this one is debatable it hardly even scratches the surface!

Commissario
I found a better report on the BBC site that gives more detail.

It seems she didn't just get a suspended sentence.

It also seems like the bank itself didn't handle the situation properly either according to the judge.
The BBC article shows why I tend to trust the legal system rather than click bait news papers etc :)
They're not great at reporting on court cases, but the BBC at least tries to actually stick to the facts and will usually give a bit more information (I think they're the only ones who ever mention the minimum, maximum and recommended sentences for example and give some explanation of what that means).

Caporegime
Meanwhile in America they interogated a guy for 17 hours until he had a mental breakdown and admitted to killing his own father.
Who later turned up alive and well :rolleyes:
Happened in 2018, but the guy just got a 900k settlement

Kinda crazy and makes one wonder how many innocent people are in American prisons

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Kinda crazy and makes one wonder how many innocent people are in American prisons

Prisons are big business in the US and if there is one thing America loves its exploiting people for money.

Deport them and they're families back to Pakistan?

Can't do that, breach their human rights. It should literally be the very first thing that happens to non UK nationals when they commit a serious crime. Send em home. If they were that scared about being deported then they wouldn't have committed the crime. If you suffer as a result, thats on you.

Associate
Another gang of 'Pakistan heritage's males promoting multiculturalism in Rotherham...

Horrific

Deport them and they're families back to Pakistan?

No, deal with them properly and appropriately instead of acting like a knee-jerk gammon racist.

Arrest them, Try then in a court of law and jail them.

I am getting so sick and tired of low-brow closet racists screaming "send them home".

Last edited:
Associate
Prisons are big business in the US and if there is one thing America loves its exploiting people for money.

Can't do that, breach their human rights. It should literally be the very first thing that happens to non UK nationals when they commit a serious crime. Send em home. If they were that scared about being deported then they wouldn't have committed the crime. If you suffer as a result, thats on you.

No, it absolutely shouldn't.

What kind of a human being thinks "oh your son commited a crime, so we're going to kick YOU and your family out of the country too".

Utterly disgusting behaviour.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It sounds like they realised and then stuck him in a mental facility with no access to any visitors.
must be why he got such a big settlement

ridiculous
the silly truck, or the poses the people in the photo are making?

What are they even going to do with it? might as well be a monster truck...

doesn't look like it's for anything but 2 people doing police cosplay...

Last edited:
Commissario
It sounds like they realised and then stuck him in a mental facility with no access to any visitors.
must be why he got such a big settlement

the silly truck, or the poses the people in the photo are making?

What are they even going to do with it? might as well be a monster truck...

doesn't look like it's for anything but 2 people doing police cosplay...
It'll probably end up like a lot of the expensive toys US police manage to either con the local council into paying for, or get given as surplus by the military, and that is to say sat on the side in a field or garage rotting away when they realise that it costs an absolute fortune to run and needs constant maintenance to be ready even if it's just sat idle.

IIRC many of the armoured vehicles etc given to the likes of podunk country PD end up in the hands of people that have little clue as to how to keep them running and if they do it drains the money from either the police budget for other things, or more commonly from things like the county library and schools.

UTT

UTT

Associate
No, deal with them properly and appropriately instead of acting like a knee-jerk gammon racist.

Arrest them, Try then in a court of law and jail them.

I am getting so sick and tired of low-brow closet racists screaming "send them home".

2 vunerable young girls' lives ruined by years and years of abuse at the hands of these animals

Out in 5 on good behaviour. They shouldnt be allowed to go back into our society

If they have a penchant for young white girls send them somewhere there isn't any

Associate
2 vunerable young girls' lives ruined by years and years of abuse at the hands of these animals

Out in 5 on good behaviour. They shouldnt be allowed to go back into our society

If they have a penchant for young white girls send them somewhere there isn't any

So you would prefer to "send home" known child abuser's to their own country, rather than jail them?

A "home country" where they may not have sufficient evidence (or laws) to prosecute and jail the individual, allowing them prey on local girls in "their home country".

Furthermore you would punish their entire family by extension, regardless of their innocence or level of integration into society.

Why is it ok to "send them home" where they can prey on young girls, as long as it's not here?

Even more, why is it ok to punish their entire family by extension?

Should we punish you for things your family (may have) done?

Also, is it not better for everyone to lock them up so they cannot prey on young girls anywhere?

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
No, it absolutely shouldn't.

What kind of a human being thinks "oh your son commited a crime, so we're going to kick YOU and your family out of the country too".

Utterly disgusting behaviour.

I didn't say to kick their family out... If you rape someone in the UK, why should you have any right to stay here?

As to not punishing their family by extension, perhaps we shouldn't lock them up for a long time because that punishes the family too. Don't you worry about the families of the victims though who will never be the same again, got to protect the criminals and their family.

Last edited:
Associate
I didn't say to kick their family out... If you rape someone in the UK, why should you have any right to stay here?

As to not punishing their family by extension, perhaps we shouldn't lock them up for a long time because that punishes the family too. Don't you worry about the families of the victims though who will never be the same again, got to protect the criminals and their family.

Wow, what a truly dishonest response.

At no point did I say "got to protect the criminals and their families", in fact I was very specific to say that EVERYONE should be protected from a predator like this, by locking them up.

Other people however, want to just send them home so they can commit the same crimes there..

I cannot seriously believe you are advocating for punishing the family of a criminal for the behaviour of a criminal and worse still, using a BS strawman argument that was never made to do it.

Shall we start punishing you for every crime your family (may have) commited?

Or can we only do that to brown people who are "not from here" ?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Wow, what a truly dishonest response.

At no point did I say "got to protect the criminals and their families", in fact I was very specific to say that EVERYONE should be protected from a predator like this, by locking them up.

Other people however, want to just send them home so they can commit the same crimes there.

Thats that countries problem. If you move to another country and break their laws seriously enough then you should be shipped home. I don't care if you are english and move to india or whatever else.

I cannot seriously believe you are advocating for punishing the family of a criminal for the behaviour of a criminal and worse still, using a BS strawman argument that was never made to do it.

What are you talking about. You quite literally spoke about punishing the family of the criminal by sending them home and said that wasn't fair. But locking them up in prison for years is fair enough on the family? I don't know quite how your opinion can be anything else based on what you have said. How would you propose we punish criminals without punishing their families indirectly? I'm genuinely curious.

Shall we start punishing you for every crime your family (may have) commited?

Or can we only do that to brown people who are "not from here" ?

As for dishonest responses, my word you massive hypocrite. You are essentially suggesting I am racist because I don't think you get to move to another country, commit a horrible crime and then stay there for the rest of your life. Must just be because they are brown though hey?

And yes, I would 100% expect my family member to be deported to their home country if we lived in a foreign country and they committed a serious enough crime.

Out of interest, how does this play out with work VISAs and that sort of thing. Bring your family over and suddenly you can't be deported after it expires? You would be punishing the family right?

Last edited:
Associate
If we have evidence they committed serious crimes (in this country, under our laws), rather than jail them for those crimes, you propose deporting them back to their home country?

Why would you even consider such a thing when their "home country" may very well not have the same laws, or even evidence to prosecute and jail such a predator?

Furthermore, the crimes were committed in this country, under this countries laws, against citizen(s) of this country.

So why exactly should we not try them in a court of law, against our laws and then jail them in our country, for violating our laws?

It seems as though you're ok with making it someone else's problem (by "sending them home", instead of jailing them) ,as long as it's not (y)our problem, is that essentially it?

You're also trying to draw parallel's between deportation of all family members for a crime only one individual may have committed, to some notion of "punishment" the family suffers when said individual is found guilty of a crime and jailed accordinly.

Are you saying you believe the family of a convicted criminal who gets locked up are being "punished" and that it's "not fair"? or that it's remotely comparable to forced deportation of said family for the wrong-doing of 1 individual?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom