This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems very cowardly on the part of the police:

A disabled/autistic kid damages a Quoran, some community members go crazy, rumours fly about the Quoran being destroyed (later reports seem to be that he just doodled in it), the family then face death threats and a local counselor goes to visit the boy at home and tests him??? The counselor seems more concerned about the boy's "crime" noncrime hate incident than the unhinged and far more serious threats to the family??? WTF is an entire community doing getting involved in some trivial school discipline matter? Then the mother ends up at a public meeting with a cloth on her head while a police officer present just nods along like an idiot.

With this sort of spineless lack of moral courage you can see why grooming gangs were given a wide berth.

He's literally sat next to a religious loon who has said they'd never tolerate disrespect and would sacrifice their lives for this book... after a local family has received death threats and his only comment is about the kids responsible for the doodling not a peep about how unacceptable that sort of thing is in a developed country.
I can understand why the police were called in because even the regular Muslim community know that extremists will be trying to stir up trouble, so they wanted to head off a potential incident before it happened.

That Imam needs to give his head a wobble. Yes, be outraged by the treatment of the holy book etc. But wanting to die for the Quran. He's come very close to committing the Islamic sin of Shirk i.e. he's idol worshipping the Quran. A big part of Islam was to move away from idol worship.

I was listening to TalkTV about this the other day and all the Muslims were condemning the Imam. I'm not surprised others wanted to head off a potential incident with guys like that Imam in the Mosque.

It's obvious there would be hostility in the school to this act by the Muslim students. But its the job of responsible adult people to defuse the situation, not make the situation worse.

That Imam needs to give his head a wobble. Yes, be outraged by the treatment of the holy book etc. But wanting to die for the Quran. He's come very close to committing the Islamic sin of Shirk i.e. he's idol worshipping the Quran. A big part of Islam was to move away from idol worship.
Desecrating/defacing the Quran can lead to imprisonment in some Muslim majority countries and all the way to the death penalty in other middle-eastern countries, the Iman in question is just following Islamic Law.

Desecrating/defacing the Quran can lead to imprisonment in some Muslim majority countries and all the way to the death penalty in other middle-eastern countries, the Iman in question is just following Islamic Law.

Weirdly when I suggested it should be edited to make it more reader friendly instead of Dahl books the mods deleted my post :cry:

Guess their bread is buttered on the same side as the inspectors.

The Quran is a sacred holy text that some perform Wudu, washing, before touching it.

It's a different thing to set punishments than to say you're going to die for it. I could go in to it more but it would be off the thread subject.

The Imam, in a position of responsibility, should have been the main one to be calling for calm.

I suspect the reason why this meeting happened was because other Muslims knew what that Imam would be saying.

The Quran is a sacred holy text that some perform Wudu, washing, before touching it.

It's a different thing to set punishments than to say you're going to die for it. I could go in to it more but it would be off the thread subject.
I would have expected the Imam in question to be talking symbolically regarding Islam and the word of God rather than any sort of idolatry of the Quran myself.
The Imam, in a position of responsibility, should have been the main one to be calling for calm.
Good luck with that, I don't think the majority of Imam's are particularly known for calm, rational thinking :D

Talking of people not being released for a long time, I see Charles Bronson is applying for parole again, he's been inside for ~50 years now

(I know it's not police related but wasn't worth starting a new thread for)

There was a bit in the news about his hearing today.

I've gotta say I'm quite shocked at the length of his sentence. If I read correctly, he was originally charged with armed robbery, and then later taking a hostage, plus a few assaults. No mention of him murdering or even killing anyone. Yet people who do commit murder don't seem to be sentenced to anywhere near a similar amount of time.

There was a bit in the news about his hearing today.

I've gotta say I'm quite shocked at the length of his sentence. If I read correctly, he was originally charged with armed robbery, and then later taking a hostage, plus a few assaults. No mention of him murdering or even killing anyone. Yet people who do commit murder don't seem to be sentenced to anywhere near a similar amount of time.
He's basically been kept inside because he's been a constant repeat offender including against the likes of prison staff, and every time he's committed an offense it's added to his sentence.

It probably hasn't helped him at all that at no point as far as i'm aware has he ever shown any remorse or regret for his actions, so every time he does something it adds onto his sentence and makes it far harder for him to ever get parole as the most important things they look for in parole is likely risk to the public.

Last edited:
Police taking orders from the BBC when this guy has as much right to be in a public space as them.

The guys an ******** plain and simple. He might have every right to be there, but he's only sticking around because the BBC are doing some filming. Unless you tell me that he walks that route every day and actually it's the BBC filming that is an inconvenience to him.

Problem is he is totally institutionalised now, 50 years inside, most of them in solitary. He is only allowed out of his cell for an hour a day. Even in todays hearing it is clear he doesn't really know how to behave outside of prison.
I feel a bit sorry for him but he is obviously quite a disturbed individual. Maybe he will be moved to a more open prison.

Last edited:
He's basically been kept inside because he's been a constant repeat offender including against the likes of prison staff, and every time he's committed an offense it's added to his sentence.

It probably hasn't helped him at all that at no point as far as i'm aware has he ever shown any remorse or regret for his actions, so every time he does something it adds onto his sentence and makes it far harder for him to ever get parole as the most important things they look for in parole is likely risk to the public.

Yeah the remorsefulness might be a big part of his issue, even in the article about his hearing there was something about not being proud but not ashamed of it either.

I wonder whether he thinks back all those years and if he'd avoided any confrontation etc he'd have probably been out decades ago.

They're making a good point about him being incompatible with society though, look at what's changed in the world in 50 years.

The new police 'racism' issue BLM are running with
The key part of the Inquest report says: “From 2012/13 to 2020/21, there have been 119 deaths involving restraint recorded by the IOPC [Independent Office for Police Conduct] ‘in or following police custody’ or recorded as ‘other deaths following police contact’.

“Of these 23 were of Black people, 86 were White, five were Asian and four were mixed race. Assuming constant demographic profiles over the period considered, Black people are 6.4 times more likely to die than the proportion of the population they represent. For white people the comparable figure is just 0.84.

“Using these figures, Black people are seven times more likely to die than white people when restraint was involved.”

which would seem to be 'just' a natural corollary of higher frequency of the likes of stop & search

27 May 2022 — there were 7.5 stop and searches for every 1,000 white people, compared with 52.6 for every 1,000 black people.
and
  • black men were over 3 times as likely to be arrested as white men – there were 54 arrests for every 1,000 black men, and 15 arrests for every 1,000 white men
and similar conviction rate (so people have been legitimately arrested.)

• in 2017, the conviction ratios for Black and Mixed ethnic groups were lowest at 78.7% and 79%
  • in 2017, the conviction ratio was highest for defendants in the White ethnic group, at 85.3%

so all down to underlying social issues, probably not unrelated to race, but, nonetheless, not racism by the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom