This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Caporegime
they literally used being part of a protest group as some justification for being heavy handed with the law, when being part of a protest is not illegal, if they weren't part of a protest group, they most likely would not have been stopped and arrested for something else, so being part of the protest group is a cause for the arrest if not being the result of the arrest

Nope, that's not it, plenty of protestors (including those who were members of protest groups) were not arrested and were able to protest at the weekend, I've literally shared pictures of them in this thread. You seem to be having some huge brain fart when confronted with that.

Note the people arrested for rape alarms weren't ostensibly members of protest groups (we know one of them happened to also be an XR member, what a surprise) but they were members of a night safety team. The others arrested for locking on devices were members of a protest group... however other members of their group were present and able to protest! Ergo you're wrong, they arrested people who were both clearly members of protest groups and people who weren't.

The actual reason for the police being quite cautious about this is the nature of the event itself (a massive global event watched by millions and with dozens of heads of state from around the world present) and it's not that people weren't allowed to protest either. Again, context matters, you don't seem to grasp that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I said you're not relevant to that discussion yet you keep sticking your nose in trying to argue something

I literally replied to you quoting me and addressing points to me, if you don't want me to reply to you then don't quote me and/or don't make obviously flawed claims that can be pointed out to be obviously flawed.

Soldato
52881986183_7d13f32d7d_o_d.jpg

Nadhim didn't ask them if it should be a capital crime

Soldato

The Metropolitan Police has expressed "regret" over the arrest of six protesters in London before the coronation.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh what a surprise, how it feels to be vindicated as being right all the time

The suspected lock on devices must have just vanished overnight or not even existed
Wouldn't it be really weird if these locking devices were just zipties and that's apparently enough of a reason to abuse the force of the state because 'well I don't like people so they deserve no rights, thank you bye'.
Probably not far from the truth given the revelation that the arrests were ******** and consisted of "intelligence" that now doesn't exist :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh what a surprise, how it feels to be vindicated as being right all the time

I don't think anyone but you and your ilk is particularly surprised that no charges followed these arrests. As countless posts where I repeatedly stated 'to charge wasn't one of the necessity criteria for arrest should have told you.

I also said this much earlier

I suspect the Met Police were on orders from higher up to clamp down on even these sorts of protests and just run the risk of some pay puts down the line.

Plenty of arrests are made by the police with little to no prospect of the suspect being charged.

Because the arrest can, in and of itself, achieve (a normally only short term) objective.

A common example is domestic violence calls where police will often arrest for suspected assaults regardless of the support of the believed victim and in some cases act against their expressed wishes.

The suspected lock on devices must have just vanished overnight or not even existed
yawn....

- Arrests related to a vehicle stop in Westminster at 06:40hrs on Saturday, 6 May:

At 06:40hrs, officers working as part of the security operation in central London observed a group of people unloading items from a vehicle on St Martin’s Lane in Westminster close to the restricted zone near the Coronation procession route. Taking into account the information that people were seeking to seriously disrupt the event, and the significance of the security operation, officers had been briefed to be extremely vigilant and proactive.

They searched the vehicle and, as well as a large number of placards, found items which at the time they had reasonable grounds to believe could be used as lock on devices. Taking into account the information they had, and the overall concern regarding security, six people were arrested on suspicion of going equipped for locking on, contrary to Section 2 Public Order Act 2023. One man was also arrested for possession of a knife/pointed article.

It was not clear at the time that at least one of the group stopped had been engaging with police Protest Liaison Team officers ahead of the event. The Protest Liaison Team were not the arresting officers nor were they present in St Martin’s Lane at the time of the arrest.

The investigation team have now fully examined the items seized and reviewed the full circumstances of the arrest. Those arrested stated the items would be used to secure their placards, and the investigation has been unable to prove intent to use them to lock on and disrupt the event. This evening all six have had their bail cancelled and no further action will be taken. We regret that those six people arrested were unable to join the wider group of protesters in Trafalgar Square and elsewhere on the procession route.

I'm still far from convinced that the 'luggage straps' where really there just to 'secure some placards'.

Again for those ignorant of the law there is a vast difference in the requirements for 'reasonable suspicion' and 'beyond reasonable doubt' and being subject to 'no further action' doesn't mean an arrest is unlawful.

That being said. I'm sure that the protestors will pursue legal claims and would not at all be surprised if some get paid out by the police to drop them (as per my previous comments).

I suspect the Met Police were on orders from higher up to clamp down on even these sorts of protests and just run the risk of some pay puts down the line.

Probably not far from the truth given the revelation that the arrests were ******** and consisted of "intelligence" that now doesn't exist :cry:

Are you getting confused with the reports, well in advance of the event, that protestors may try to use rape alarms to spook horses?

Protestors attaching themselves to things or each other for protests isn't just in the realm of intelligence but actual cases that have led to a new law being enacted to try to tackle the issue

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom