This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Status
Not open for further replies.
these videos clearly show one thing. the police has nothing better to do other than following and arresting random people taking pictures of the police stations for whatever reason.

only if they can put this much energy in catching buglars, pick pockets and other so called "low level" crimes.

respect for police in this country is dimished already. the only thing left is wheather they are useful or tax money well spent or not. unfortunately these videos indicate some of them are clearly waste of space.

these videos clearly show one thing. the police has nothing better to do other than following and arresting random people taking pictures of the police stations for whatever reason.

only if they can put this much energy in catching buglars, pick pockets and other so called "low level" crimes.

respect for police in this country is dimished already. the only thing left is wheather they are useful or tax money well spent or not. unfortunately these videos indicate some of them are clearly waste of space.
in my local news paper there was a story about an undercover police officer.

She got a heroin addict to buy her £10 worth of the stuff, then arrested her as a dealer when she knew this woman was only a user who would help out friends...

They are scummy as hell

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/wallsend-woman-caught-selling-heroin-19339613
prosecutors own words
Mr Burns said: “She said she was not a dealer but did help other users like herself.”
what a waste of time... shouldn't they be trying to find and help them people not trap them

ahh well they got a £10 heroin off the street from some junkie woman trying to do a friend a favour...

good use of police time for sure

ignore al the real crimes like burglaries and go after the easy drug users and people growing 3-4 plants, brag about it on your forces facebook page and twitter, then wonder why the public thinks your a joke.

ahh yes and harass people in the street for not following "guidance" as if it's law.

isn't their a thing with shoplifting as well, if you steal less than £200 worth of stuff it's not a police matter?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42492488
Retailers are warning that a sharp rise in shoplifting is being fuelled partly by police forces not investigating the theft of items worth less than £200.

Last edited:
in my local news paper there was a story about an undercover police officer.

She got a heroin addict to buy her £10 worth of the stuff, then arrested her as a dealer when she knew this woman was only a user who would help out friends...

what a waste of time... shouldn't they be trying to find and help them people not trap them

unfortunately policing in this country is becoming an accounting fudge job rather than actual policing. policing should be about prevention as a top priority. if a crime has been committed then it is so much harder to catch the culprit. but these coppers go around arresting people or entrap people is not doing prevention or solving committed crimes. all they are doing is boosting their forces statistical records. It is utterly shameful.

the year-on-year budget cuts and the lack of leadership in commissionary roles in the plice forces are also contributing factors where non-sensical targets are prioritised over policing.

I will be very skeptical about these surveys or statistics. as i said previously policing is now more about statistical manipulation than actual policing nowadays it seems. low level petty crimes are being pushed down and out so that they dont become part of the statistics, certain crimes are manipulated in reporting nature so they dont appear in the serious crime figures. this is common practices now.

Also confidence and respect are two different things albeit can be argued that the two are some what intrinsinctly linked.

I will be very skeptical about these surveys or statistics. as i said previously policing is now more about statistical manipulation than actual policing nowadays it seems.

So you'll be sceptical about the stats but "it seems" is good enough for you to determine that policing is stats-driven?

low level petty crimes are being pushed down and out so that they dont become part of the statistics, certain crimes are manipulated in reporting nature so they dont appear in the serious crime figures. this is common practices now.

You said a minute ago that the police are manipulating the stats to boost their crime figures, now you're saying they're deliberately not recording them. Which is it?

Also confidence and respect are two different things albeit can be argued that the two are some what intrinsinctly linked.

I've cited a source showing confidence in police is high, can you cite one demonstrating respect is low? Ideally one that isn't a YouTube video or Facebook post please.

So you'll be sceptical about the stats but "it seems" is good enough for you to determine that policing is stats-driven?

You said a minute ago that the police are manipulating the stats to boost their crime figures, now you're saying they're deliberately not recording them. Which is it?

I've cited a source showing confidence in police is high, can you cite one demonstrating respect is low? Ideally one that isn't a YouTube video or Facebook post please.

1) stats driven mentality means they are driven to misrepresent statistics and with an aim to manipulate statistics that does not reflect reality
2) manipulation of statistics can take many forms, boosting crime solve rate is one form such as entrapment example earlier, do not record crime is another such as petty criomes, or record serious crime as non-serious crime is another. classifying common assult with racially aggrevated attack is another tactics to make a force appear to be tackling racial issues when in reality they are not. or vice versa, to depress perceived racial tension or systemtic police attitude is another form of statistical manipulation.
3) I cannot give you government citation as otherwise it would contradict its own statistics...

you can choose to believe the "statistiucal" fact if you are happy with statistics behind it.

Last edited:
1) stats driven mentality means they are driven to misrepresent statistics and with an aim to manipulate statistics that does not reflect reality
2) manipulation of statistics can take many forms, boosting crime solve rate is one form such as entrapment example earlier, do not record crime is another such as petty criomes, or record serious crime as non-serious crime is another. classifying common assult with racially aggrevated attack is another tactics to make a force appear to be tackling racial issues when in reality they are not. or vice versa, to depress perceived racial tension or systemtic police attitude is another form of statistical manipulation.
3) I cannot give you government citation as otherwise it would contradict its own statistics...

you can choose to believe the "statistiucal" fact if you are happy with statistics behind it.

On what are you basing your opinions here? Stuff you found on social media?

Over the last 3-4 years there has been a big focus on correctly recording crime in line with the Home Office Counting Rules. An inordinate amount of effort goes into following these rules and this is regularly inspected and assessed independently by HMICFRS.

The police are bound by crime recording standards and Counting Rules and whilst I certainly wouldn't sit here and claim zero manipulation or discrepancies based on interpretation, the level of manipulation you're somewhat alluding to simply isn't realistic considering how closely monitored this is. The people recording those crime stats have no motivation to manipulate the figures either.

It's a bit like when people used to say that the supermarkets used online orders to get rid of all the short-life produce to save money, when in reality the people picking your shopping don't care.

Evidence please?

I didn't ask for a government citation, I asked for the source(s) from which you're basing these claims/opinions.

I am far happier with the stats behind it than the lack of actual data you've provided so far.

On what are you basing your opinions here? Stuff you found on social media?

Over the last 3-4 years there has been a big focus on correctly recording crime in line with the Home Office Counting Rules. An inordinate amount of effort goes into following these rules and this is regularly inspected and assessed independently by HMICFRS.
Actual police themselves. I know or am acquaintance to a few police. All members of the met.

Actual police themselves. I know or am acquaintance to a few police. All members of the met.

Ah, anecdotes. Nothing better than some random pub chats to trump statistics. It's also worth noting that "the police" are actually a collection of 43 independent police forces. Some are better or worse depending on your foce area, but they're certainly not representative, which is the whole issue with anecdotes.

Ah, anecdotes. Nothing better than some random pub chats to trump statistics. It's also worth noting that "the police" are actually a collection of 43 independent police forces. Some are better or worse depending on your foce area, but they're certainly not representative, which is the whole issue with anecdotes.
LOL, this is hilarious. the met police is over whole of london, and a few guys have now moved to their county forces and it is the same there. plus they were stationed in different parts of london as well. so it is not localised. it is systemic.

LOL, this is hilarious. the met police is over whole of london, and a few guys have now moved to their county forces and it is the same there. plus they were stationed in different parts of london as well. so it is not localised. it is systemic.

No, no it's not. I could go into painful detail on how my force deal with crime classification and all the safeguards to ensure that the most trivial of crimes are correctly classified, but somehow I don't think that would convince you otherwise.

No, no it's not. I could go into painful detail on how my force deal with crime classification and all the safeguards to ensure that the most trivial of crimes are correctly classified, but somehow I don't think that would convince you otherwise.

Ah yes, the police police. Everyone loves the email from a civilian 3 minutes in the job telling them why they should have recorded 28 crimes instead of just the one they did.

Ah yes, the police police. Everyone loves the email from a civilian 3 minutes in the job telling them why they should have recorded 28 crimes instead of just the one they did.

Don't get me started. Having to have a week of emails to get them to accept that it was indeed correctly classified as a harassment and is not a stalking in this particular instance is soul destroying.

I can only go off my opinion and observation on this question.

I don't think overall people are losing respect for the police. But I think the government having them enforcing not well thought out coronavirus laws, mask laws etc, having them wasting time going around to peoples houses having a word about a non hate crime hate crime, diminishes respect for the police.

But I'd still say over all respect is still high. But like everything in this country. It is based on consent. If the police start losing the consent of the people then it's over. So certain events can be delicate situations to strike the right balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom