This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Associate
That's a very interesting encounter. You made reference to their bodycams being on, were they just on or were they actually recording?
They were definitely recording because the red light was on and I asked them why they didn't identify themselves and that they should always identify themselves and inform the person that they are recording at the earliest opportunity rather than just coming in like they did and start making assumptions and throwing accusations at me telling lies about there being lots of witnesses.

Associate
Absolutely don't talk to the police if you're a suspect, definitely don't let them inside in a case like that unless they have a warrant, only talk to them with a lawyer present.
If I didn't let them in they would have probably put my door in. I'm pretty sure they would have then I would be faced with a large bill replacing my front door. Not speaking to them would also make me look guilty and they'd arrest me making things a lot worse.

Caporegime
If I didn't let them in they would have probably put my door in.

Eh? We're not living in communist China, if they don't have a warrant then they can't just force their way in to search your home.

Not speaking to them would also make me look guilty and they'd arrest me making things a lot worse.

Simple; "I'd like a lawyer present". It's literally free of charge, they can arrange a time with you to come in for a formal interview under caution.

Speak to the lawyer and they can advise you whether to say anything, what to say, whether to prepare a written statement etc.

Again we live in a free country, you do not have to talk to the police when you're a suspect, certainly not without legal representation. And you definitely don't need to let them in to conduct an impromptu search without a warrant.

Last edited:
Soldato
Eh? We're not living in communist China, if they don't have a warrant then they can't just force their way in to search your home.

Police don't need a warrant to force entry into your home under certain circumstances.

Last edited:
Soldato
If the OP (the person they're after) steps outside to speak to them and closes the door behind him then on what grounds can they enter and search his home?
I didn't read that far back to be honest. If the person was nicked there may be grounds to enter the property under Section 32 PACE if they've just come from the property. But again, I didn't actually read the OP so no idea if that applies.

Associate
Police don't need a warrant to force entry into your home under certain circumstances.

Exactly and you can bet they will use and abuse what powers they can especially if they know they can get away with it.

Caporegime
Exactly and you can bet they will use and abuse what powers they can especially if they know they can get away with it.
There was an "auditor" youtuber. you know the clowns who go around with drones filming stuff, basically baiting the police who don't know the law into looking like idiots.

He kept getting police coming round his house in the middle of the night for welfare checks etc... he had video footage of it all as well.
They kept claiming people reported he was suicidal etc

They never bashed his door in though, just came his house at stupid hours

Associate
There was an "auditor" youtuber. you know the clowns who go around with drones filming stuff, basically baiting the police who don't know the law into looking like idiots.

He kept getting police coming round his house in the middle of the night for welfare checks etc... he had video footage of it all as well.
They kept claiming people reported he was suicidal etc

They never bashed his door in though, just came his house at stupid hours
I wouldn't want to take any chances to find out. Police tell lies.

Man of Honour
One officer proceeds to lie to me saying there are lots of people that have come forward about me doing this

In isolation it is a fairly standard tactic to lay it on thick as to having the proof of what they've done as it will catch some offenders out.

Acquaintance of mine went through something similar, I can't remember details now but his ex went to the police claiming he beat her, etc. and he had similar treatment and he nearly ended up in prison if not for her best friend having seen her self-inflicting the wounds and having too much of a conscience to let it go down. (EDIT: There is a horrible twist though - if he had gone to jail she'd probably still be alive today - not due to anything he did).

Last edited:
Associate
That sounds horrible... police often take sides depending on gender and age etc so men are at a disadvantage when they get false allegations made against them. I had an ex once and I was with her for two years, she drank heavily and she was very abusive towards me I wanted out of the relationship but every time I would attempt to leave her, she'd go to the police and say I'd hit her, she also broke her windows once on a drunken rage... anyway I had to keep getting back with her. She would often make threats that she would do this and that if I left her. I was really stuck until I met somebody else and I was able to get out of the relationship but not easily... she tried to have me shot... she had gone to the police and told them I had a gun in my house... the police raided my house while I was handcuffed in the back of a police car, they found nothing of interest and that was that. That was back in 2007

The police will always take a woman's side by default.

Police also put things on your record that have no basis, not a criminal record but a police record which I don't think is right.

Last edited:
Soldato
If the criminal justice system isn't going to protect people, what's the alternative?

Hassling peadiatricians of course!

Vigilantes have forced a doctor from her home after daubing her walls with anti-paedophile graffiti.

Because generally the people watching and being influenced by the Tommy Robinson types into vigilantiasm aren't the brightest bulbs in the box

Soldato
Hassling peadiatricians of course!

Because generally the people watching and being influenced by the Tommy Robinson types into vigilantiasm aren't the brightest bulbs in the box

TBF, their filaments burned out long ago.

Soldato

That's a point I missed (probably because I thought it was obvious) - The type of people that generally want to form vigilante groups are neanderthal tattoo-ed up knuckle draggers. Its almost like a knee jerk reaction from them to try and balance out their general scum life by trying to be on the "right side", morally speaking.

Usually it presents itself as a brain dead mob on the hunt for someone they can beat up to make themselves feel good.

Associate
I think auditors do a fantastic job and in my opinion most police officers deserve to be baited up and caught out because they treat the general public like crap. They are corrupt and scummy.

There is nothing more dangerous than corrupt police/people in high positions of power.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think auditors do a fantastic job and in my opinion most police officers deserve to be baited up and caught out because they treat the general public like crap. They are corrupt and scummy.

There is nothing more dangerous than corrupt police/people in high positions of power.
It's amazing how many of the police don't actually know the law.

Soldato
Did anyone see the video recently of the guy who was talking to his local priest about the incident in Australia with Mar Mari and said that "Christians need to stand up. We can't keep turning the other cheek as eventually we'll run out of cheeks to turn".

Soon after 2 police officers and a mental health nurse turn up at his house!

Soldato
Well if his own priest contacted the police with concerns about his behaviour and mental state then I'm sure this little clip posted that doesn't explain anything is completely enough for the usual idiots on social media to base a judgement on :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom