Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Before all this came out? Sure, I would have rattled those bones like nobody's business, but there's something inside most men that would instinctively recoil at someone who has a deep mental illness no matter how pretty she is. And for you to still want to tap that even after everything means either you have no preservation instinct, or are an immature horny teenager without a brain cell
:eek: you misogynist!!

Soldato
Before all this came out? Sure, I would have rattled those bones like nobody's business, but there's something inside most men that would instinctively recoil at someone who has a deep mental illness no matter how pretty she is. And for you to still want to tap that even after everything means either you have no preservation instinct, or are an immature horny teenager without a brain cell
Dude don't make me question so much

Deleted member 236143

Deleted member 236143

I think the most likely result is unfound on both sides. Publicly and what we have seen Johnny wins. Amber has been caught lying. But jury wise I reckon the safest option is to not have enough evidence to make a proper decision.
However this is America - and they are mental.

Soldato
One thing that really stood out in the case for me is something that had me thinking, you know what I believe him.

When he said "not a single women before, or after AH as accused him of ever laying a finger on them".

When you consider the prominance of the metoo movement and the fact that every single person who has been accused of such acts has had dozens of people come forward with their story, AH is to this day the only person to make those accusations.

Soldato
One thing that really stood out in the case for me is something that had me thinking, you know what I believe him.

When he said "not a single women before, or after AH as accused him of ever laying a finger on them".

When you consider the prominance of the metoo movement and the fact that every single person who has been accused of such acts has had dozens of people come forward with their story, AH is to this day the only person to make those accusations.
Yeah that’s pretty telling. That woman accused of him being jealous and controlling but never ever said anything about physical abuse.

Not entirely sure being jealous is a crime or to that extent being controlling.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I laughed at Elaine's closing statement that Depp has never accepted responsiblity in his life for anything and instead blamed everyone else. Isn't that exactly what Heard has been doing the whole trial, including throwing her own damn lawyer under the bus?!

Caporegime

She was banking on nobody believing him and jumping on the "me too" movement hoping it would help advance her career and get her plenty of positive coverage for how "brave" she was for speaking out. She was just hoping and expecting that movement to get behind her in an avalanche of support. That never happened.

She had this all coordinated, the "oped" coming out on the Aquaman launch and her supposed Ambassador role in the aclu also being announced the same day.

The woman's a scheming filthy little rodent, she spent literally years trying to document anything she could twist to be "evidence" and for all her efforts she got a few pics of depp sleeping, a few pics of supposed bruises that were most likely make up jobs, and a video of a cupboard getting slammed... That's it, somehow or other zero evidence of all these alleged serious injuries like a broken nose despite the fact she was taking pics of everything she could. And then she claims in court that her lawyers have those pics but for some reason didn't use them? The supposed smoking gun of evidence but they don't get presented in court....yeah seems legit.

I really hope her career divebombs after this and she's ruined, as that's what she wanted to do to depp.

Associate
It must be hard for the jury. They are not suppossed to not read or see anything related to the case whilst at home.

How hard would that be when all the world is talking about it.

Honestly i would probably want to know what the world was saying, wrong yes but a sneak peek would be very hard to resist.

What about friends and family, would your sister, brother etc be saying "fry that bitch" or " he deserves to be punished".

Knowing my brothers and sisters they would almost defininately get there tuppence worth in whether I wanted it or not.

Some might resist but probadly not all of them.

It also doesn't matter one little bit what AH did or didn't do, there is no way for the jury to know her notes were fake or anything else the cameras picked up on.

For me JD was a nut job on the drink and drugs but nothing pointed to him being an abuser which is at the heart of the case. I think she lied about that and even started the false rumour about pushing Kate Moss down the stairs to legitimise her claims.

I hope the jury see it the same way but they will all have their own opinions on how the evedence was presented.

the bloody wait is killing me.

Soldato
It's also very telling that despite what she has done to Depp, he doesn't want to do anything back, he doesn't even want any money he just wants his name cleared, the easiest option would have been if she just came clean, but as a narcissist pshyco that was never going to happen so it was up to a jury to decide instead.

Last edited:
Soldato
The entire case for the defence was all about how he's a monster because of the drink and drugs, yet 4 decades of drink and drunks and not a single complaint, I think he's one of those happy drunks, you know the type, and when he's had too much, he just crashes out, likewise with the drugs as well, probably just passes out after a glorious high.

Soldato
The entire case for the defence was all about how he's a monster because of the drink and drugs, yet 4 decades of drink and drunks and not a single complaint, I think he's one of those happy drunks, you know the type, and when he's had too much, he just crashes out, likewise with the drugs as well, probably just passes out after a glorious high.
Well they had nothing else to focus on as they have no actual evidence for her claims. Can't really blame the lawyers for having nothing they had to grasp at straws and resorted to personality attacks, drugs/drink bad boo!!
Depp isn't perfect, far from it, he has/had serious issues with drugs/drink, but there have been ZERO accusations from anyone else in decades in regards to him being abusive. Everyone is lying apart from Amber :rolleyes:
I don't think either of them will win (on technicalities) but this has cleared Depps name and its a high profile case of a man being the victim of abuse which will hopefully set a standard going forward for all men.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom