Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don
Sick of BBC running continual "damage control" opinion pieces after the verdict. Oh the jury were swayed by tiktok memes and not the merits. Oh what a "chilling" effect the verdict will have on future accusers. Stuck in eternal #metoo hysteria
It's the standard blame the far right / nazis / morons who voted for brexit / russian disinformation / mysognists / bigots / incels / gamers / transphobes / tories (delete as appropriate) depending on the subject. It's tiresome, sloppy and lazy journalism.

Soldato
Lazy journalism has become the default these days, it's taken a small group of youtube content creators to actually bringing the truth to the masses.

Specially in this trial, a handful of lawyers banding together to get the truth out there, can you imagine the difference of it wasn't broadcast the msm would have been even worse.

Caporegime
Washington Post has now had to write two corrections to an article about the social media types who covered the trial (and had the wrong opinions) etc. Establishment media really doesn't seem to like independent commentary very much, especially when it gets to the truth and the media establishment takes are shakey:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's almost hilariously comedic. that established news is now the bottom of the barrel when it comes to getting the right information. Amongst the waffles, social media content creators are now the go-to source because those content creators are in this case actual experts who practice law, or knowledgable enough in the topic at hand and have years covering such things so have enough experience to draw up all the evidence/information and compile a "here's what's what, make of it what you will" production.

I think this is what we are evolving into now and our generation is going through a dynamic shift in how accurate news is delivered without bias clouding the frame. Mainstream media is unreliable because they're too focused on not offending minority groups whatever the case may be and are more interested in controversial content rather than accurate news. It doesn't help that over 70% of all mainstream news media is owned by one corporation as well though, and the independent outlets are often too small or too localised to get a wider audience.

Luckily we the people know what's what and as content consumers, are more often than not, well informed as we see everything as a whole. It's a sad time to be in though for news. Those not so versed with the internet won't know any better. I can reference all those Fox News watchers who are interviewed by social media channels out at rallies and events who state that they only watch Tucker Carlson because he "says it like it is" for example.

That's not to say they are all bad of course. both left and right media have had some good coverage of the verdict and stated the facts.

On another note, this was good:

That guy is a bar certified lawyer and is calling her BS.

I can only imagie the reason Elaine is doing the reinterviews is because Heard had a clause in their contract that the law team must stand by her after whatever the verdict is and they igned the line on that. Otherwise it makes no sense at all why they would dirty the law firm's name by doing this. Are they going to get any high profile clients after this? hell no.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Its genuinely scary that so many people think there is nothing wrong with someone writing a character assassination piece and publicly publishing it without having evidence to back it up.

Imagine a society where you could simply make up a story about another human, ruin their life and there is no legal recourse.

I have no idea what the honest to god truth is in this case. My feeling is that JD has treated her very badly at times and she has treated him even worse. There are proper legal channels that you have to deal with these matter through and when you don't then you should suffer the consequences.

No one should look at this and take away the idea that their claims of abuse will be downplayed. No one should think that men are protected against this sort of claim and women are disbelieved. People should take away from this that they need to have evidence to back up their claims if they want justice. This wasn't even a case of JD simply disproving or denying her claims of abuse, he had a catalogue of evidence to prove he was abused as well.

I really don't want to live in the world that so many of these "allies" want to create. There is a reason we have a legal system. Its not perfect but its a damn site better than the court of public opinion or twitter.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
My feeling is that JD has treated her very badly at times and she has treated him even worse.
But there is zero evidence to support this at all. It's fine being a feeling, but it is only a feeling and not fit for anything beyond as it is the kind of thing that instantly gets an objection: Speculation to which the judge would sustain because there has been no evidence - And on the contrary all of Depp's witnesses that attested to his character, including previous partners, said they never saw him be abusive at all.

If there was even an ounce of evidence to support any fact that he abused her, the jury would have awarded her with punative damages as well. To get $0 in that regard is greatly telling.

The only thing he seems to have abused is drink and substances in the past.

On the lighter side of things, Dr CrazyFace has spoken out lol:

LsVsDgc.png

I also spotted an article that made me raise an eyebrow, why is Sam Fender apologising for taking a photo with Depp on the day of the verdict?

Permabanned
wwe-world-wrestling-entertainment.gif

Soldato
I also spotted an article that made me raise an eyebrow, why is Sam Fender apologising for taking a photo with Depp on the day of the verdict?

Yes, this was disappointing to see. He should have stuck by his photo and comments and showed some backbone / intergrity. No doubt he was pressured in to doing this. Shame.

Back
Top Bottom