Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Interview with Depps lawyers on US TV this morning says a lot about the verdict. Even going as far as to state that Depp wasn't interested in the money so I wouldn't be shocked if he just forgoes the money entirely and just tells Amber to get help.

The only thing he'd be able to get is her filing for bankruptcy. There is no money.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The contrast between their interviews vs Elaine's is night and day it's not even funny. They make every effort to not humiliate or downplay Heard's claims but instead refer to only the evidence. Meanwhile, Elaine is out there blaming the judge, internet, jury etc.

Amazingly weird times we live in!

Soldato
He's bang on with the pot calling the kettle black regarding Elaine. Calling out JD's team for celebrating/talking about the trial, when she was doing it hours after the verdict was read, and I can only assume has since been silenced because she only made matters worse.

Caporegime
The only thing he'd be able to get is her filing for bankruptcy. There is no money.
Doesn't matter if she files for bankruptcy it won't remove this judgment or the necessity to pay it.

It's exempt from bankruptcy rules.

Us she has 7 million from the divorce she never gave to charity so that's most of it covered?

Soldato
Interesting the polar opposite results of this case and a similar one in the UK, I do kind of feel a jury is flawed. Especially as in this case they were allowed to access the internet and would have seen all the social media tiktok stuff.

No doubt Depp's lawyers were better.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Flawed?
Even /if/ they accessed the internet, them doing so does not change the evidence a single bit. The outcome would remain exactly the same. A jury based trial is the best type of trial for this sort of case, it rmeoves any bias hat one single person (a judge) might have, and a unanimous jury decision tells a much more accurate story also.

Soldato
Interesting the polar opposite results of this case and a similar one in the UK, I do kind of feel a jury is flawed. Especially as in this case they were allowed to access the internet and would have seen all the social media tiktok stuff.

No doubt Depp's lawyers were better.
The cases werent the same. The jury took an oath to not look anything related to the case up.

The system purposefully selects from a diverse age range and backgrounds. I agree, some may not have followed the rules but its neither here nor there frankly as everyone voted in Depps favour regardless based on the evidence.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Body language expert does an analysis on Vazquez and Chew's interview. Spoiler alert, they're pretty stand up people, like we knew already :p

Caporegime
Why is she banging on about social media now. I agree she has been trolled and abused on there, but that is nothing to do with Jonny, and all to do with her.

She should refer any threats or illegal comments to the police and let them handle it. End of story.

Very much this ^^.

Perhaps the reason she is "always the victim" is because she is unable to understand her actions have consequences.

Back
Top Bottom