• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

TIME FOR ANOTHER 6900 XT DEAL? I THINK SO! *PRE-ORDER SPECIAL* PLUS SOME OTHER AMD DEALS!

Soldato
Second hand 3090s are changing hand for around this price. I'm fortunate to have a 6900xt in my system and a 3090 in my sons. The 6900xt performs better in the games we play so this is a decent deal IMHO.

I wish I could find a decent comparison of it vs a 6950 XT though

Associate
Hmm this is interesting, this card is generally stronger than the previous ASRock 6900XT because of the higher clock right? I probably would have gone for this one if it was available ah well I am happy with my card anyway, when is this one going to be released considering it is a pre-order?

Soldato
Our stock is at customs, thankfully it left China just before they went into lockdown (Covid) which is causing some shipment delays. Stock has landed in Netherlands and is under going a customs check, next stop is UK, we expect them with us end of this week or early next week at which point we will despatch pre-orders. :)

Associate
Tempted - currently have a Radeon VII with waterblock, but might hold out for a watercooled 7900xtx, depending on how much of a performance jump it is to 6900XT/6950XT levels.

Permabanned
The Phantom D I have likes to clock pretty high, am glad I got it, but 50 smackers more for a card with highly OC'd 6900 XT perf is very good.
The difference between a 6950X and my card is around 2-3 FPS and sometimes none, have beaten the 6950 XT in some cases too.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the 1000w PSU recommendation is for people looking to clock the hell out of it in which case that will be needed. A good 850w, even 750w PSU should be fine as long as other components are not pulling too much juice.

Which you can't do on air any way, so it's a moot point. The only way you can clock balls off a big Navi is with water.

Soldato
Sad to see AMD have to practically give their cards away :(

They're not giving them away. They are just clearing the decks to make way for the new ones.

But, unlike Nvidia they are not continuing to be asshats and staying greedy til the end.

There's no doubt they would have made bank during mining. No doubt at all. And being a business you sell to the highest bidder. End of, it's business.

This however? Shows at least some compassion. You know? A hug after you've been screwed. Where Nvidia just continue to screw you completely unapologetically.

People can be as angry as they like but I don't care. I've bought two cut price AMD cards and I'm like a pig in poop.

All the while all of Nvidia partner cards are STILL over RRP. Even after all that has happened.

Brand loyalty could cause them serious damage here man. What I mean is yanks, for example, love stuff made on their home soil. So EVGA had a very loyal following. So loyal, it could be said, that people wouldn't give a crap if EVGA became an and partner. And that could damage Nvidia more than anything they have known.

Permabanned
They're not giving them away. They are just clearing the decks to make way for the new ones.

But, unlike Nvidia they are not continuing to be asshats and staying greedy til the end.

There's no doubt they would have made bank during mining. No doubt at all. And being a business you sell to the highest bidder. End of, it's business.

This however? Shows at least some compassion. You know? A hug after you've been screwed. Where Nvidia just continue to screw you completely unapologetically.

People can be as angry as they like but I don't care. I've bought two cut price AMD cards and I'm like a pig in poop.

All the while all of Nvidia partner cards are STILL over RRP. Even after all that has happened.

Brand loyalty could cause them serious damage here man. What I mean is yanks, for example, love stuff made on their home soil. So EVGA had a very loyal following. So loyal, it could be said, that people wouldn't give a crap if EVGA became an and partner. And that could damage Nvidia more than anything they have known.
7900 XTX EVGA FTW Classified.

Soldato

AMD would love to enjoy high margins like Nvidia. Just look how greedy they were with their Zen4 CPU's on launch, ridiculous prices.

The sad fact is, Nvidia have 88% market share of the dedicated GPU market. The majority don't want a AMD GPU, so AMD has to give brand new cards "away" at huge discounts.

In comparison - far more people are buying USED 3090's (2 years+ old at this point, with a likely history of mining) for £700-£750 instead of a brand new AMD 6900XT. Just check OCUK MM, or popular auction sites to see evidence of this.

Permabanned
Going to be real here, I love my 6900 XT and the Radeon software is fantastic, now if we went back not too long ago when I owned a 5700 XT, I could have cut someone with an axe to how bad my experience was with that card.

The 6900 XT is glorious.

Back
Top Bottom