Tinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
well they're sub optimal anyway... heavy stubble is what you want for attracting women, though men do find beards more attractive if that floats your boat :D

http://www.ehbonline.org/article/S1090-5138(13)00022-6/abstract

Facial hair strongly influences people's judgments of men's socio-sexual attributes. However, the nature of these judgments is often contradictory. The levels of intermediate facial hair growth presented to raters and the stage of female raters' menstrual cycles might have influenced past findings. We quantified men's and women's judgments of attractiveness, health, masculinity and parenting abilities for photographs of men who were clean-shaven, lightly or heavily stubbled and fully bearded. We also tested the effect of the menstrual cycle and hormonal contraceptive use on women's ratings. Women judged faces with heavy stubble as most attractive and heavy beards, light stubble and clean-shaven faces as similarly less attractive. In contrast, men rated full beards and heavy stubble as most attractive, followed closely by clean-shaven and light stubble as least attractive.

Caporegime
Incoming - Advice needed!

I had the first date recently earlier this week and it went really really well, more so than I expected really. We just made this instant connection and although she's a retro toy collector, I'm a retro computer game collector and we both thought that was awesome :D

Now the worry is setting in, the second date is coming tomorrow and if I texted as many times as she did to a woman on a first date, it would scare any woman off. She even called not long after the date apologizing for being a bit excitable as she was nervous. Which I didn't mind really ;)

But next day she texts asking how I was, did I have a good day, and then to call me asking about if we are going for food after the possibly fun second date!

My warning signs are that she is getting too clingy, too fast and It feels more like a relationship already than just a first date. Usually I'd walk well away, but I really like this girl in person, there is an attraction there, and she loves gaming as do I :) - Mum says I should go with it, but be careful and be the leader, don't let her lead me...

Thoughts? ( I've been hurt twice by dates I've rushed straight into )

Soldato
I gave this a run after moving to Iceland - but as per my Moving thread there genuinely is NO dating scene in Iceland. It's all just meet up for sex, then if we both want to meet for sex a 2nd time then it'll be a relationship by that point. It's madness.

I had 1 girl I met 'as friends' as I'm also looking to meet local friends obviously. We got on really really well - had a right laugh for 6-7 hours just at my place. The whole time it turns out she was just waiting until all the beer and scotch made me forget I just wanted to be friends. Then that was that. haha.

I used it a bit in Vancouver a few weeks back and same there really - just a few hook ups but that was fine as I was on vacation!

But I meet a girl today actually and we got on well. She's just dropped me off at the airport as I'm flying to see family in the UK for the first time.

I've also had half a dozen none sexual encounters with tourists for drinks, hikes etc so it's useful for that.

Everyone I've matched with has been articulate and intelligent though which was unexpected. Maybe i'll try it in the UK this weekend to see the difference there :p

I was married and in an 8 year relationship so I'm not taking this seriously. If things develop with someone I meet then so be it. It's a change from just going to the pub and getting drunk and having a 1 night stand to see if anything develops which is the Iceland way

There are so few people here that I see loads of people I know on there from work!!

Soldato
I gave this a run after moving to Iceland - but as per my Moving thread there genuinely is NO dating scene in Iceland. It's all just meet up for sex, then if we both want to meet for sex a 2nd time then it'll be a relationship by that point. It's madness.

I had 1 girl I met 'as friends' as I'm also looking to meet local friends obviously. We got on really really well - had a right laugh for 6-7 hours just at my place. The whole time it turns out she was just waiting until all the beer and scotch made me forget I just wanted to be friends. Then that was that. haha.

I used it a bit in Vancouver a few weeks back and same there really - just a few hook ups but that was fine as I was on vacation!

But I meet a girl today actually and we got on well. She's just dropped me off at the airport as I'm flying to see family in the UK for the first time.

I've also had half a dozen none sexual encounters with tourists for drinks, hikes etc so it's useful for that.

Everyone I've matched with has been articulate and intelligent though which was unexpected. Maybe i'll try it in the UK this weekend to see the difference there :p

I was married and in an 8 year relationship so I'm not taking this seriously. If things develop with someone I meet then so be it. It's a change from just going to the pub and getting drunk and having a 1 night stand to see if anything develops which is the Iceland way

There are so few people here that I see loads of people I know on there from work!!

Think yourself lucky you got that over here (London way) its go on a date end up paying fortune with no return most of the time.

I have had 10 dates since 2014 on Tinder not one has made it to the sex stage and only 3 made it to a second date.

Tinder dead these days over here the boom was 2014 for me now I just match with girls who just want to chat out of boredom. Its so hard to match with a girl who genuinely interested although you still can. Saying that I went on a date with a girl recently her pictures were older then what I saw in person she was nothing special and she said nearly every guy she swiped matched. And the reason she went on a date with me was because the rest would literally chat and second thing that she got was a dick pic is there any wonder its dead?

But I do plan to visit Reykjavík in the past I have chatted to many nice girls from there whilst spoofing my location but in terms of looks St Petersburg spoof can not be beaten wow at the girls I match with there.

I am going to Tallinn this year and Helsinki the latter is pretty good on Tinder some very beautiful women.

Soldato
But I do plan to visit Reykjavík in the past I have chatted to many nice girls from there whilst spoofing my location but in terms of looks St Petersburg spoof can not be beaten wow at the girls I match with there.

I am going to Tallinn this year and Helsinki the latter is pretty good on Tinder some very beautiful women.

Haha yeah that's true I guess. It's certainly been a good place to come live and get over my wife!! I find the women here are very nice looking and intelligent.

The 1 huge issue here is most girls my age have kids!! It's a massive problem in Iceland.

I never really dated in the UK as I was in 2 long-term relationships back to back but I can certainly imagine it being exactly like you describe!!
Unless you lower your expectations relating to intellectual stimulation! :eek:

Another issue here is you bump into people. 2 of the girls who I met and hooked up with I've seen in town. 1 on my way home from work, the other in the doctors waiting room when getting my medical. So awkward. lol

I guess just try different methods and use it while travelling :D

I genuinely want to meet friends over hook ups so I've managed to meet a lot of people just by not being a weirdo or pervert 10 minutes after starting to chat!

Permabanned
I have screenshots of People say all women aren’t the same yet the girl at my age range on tinder all want followers attention and stuff they all have the same bios but their not the same? I’m not feeding there ego and that’s what online dating is for women just an

One moment

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom