Tinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just tell your mate, if it was me i'd want to know then its my decision if i confront my wife.

Or be sneaky about it and go down the pub and say lets have a laugh and see if we can find any one we know on tinder and accidentally find her|

Associate
Tinder is ****** great although it can give you a complex from time to time in my mid forties it has given me a new lease of life.

I have a few rules that give me more success.

1. Take loads of up to date pics then boil them down to the best 2 or 3.
2. Never crack a joke about sex.
3. Ask them within the first day of talking if they would meet you for a date, Ideally within the first 10 messages if they answer no move on.
4. Get their FB if you don't want catfished if that doesn't bother you then don't bother getting their FB.

But most important......
5. Lower your standards, pictures are two dimensional! It works for me lol

Soldato
Tell your mate!!

A mate told me about mine being still active on POF and although it was somewhat of a sinking feeling, I was glad he told me.
I said nothing to her to start with, thinking it was just an old profile she left up (it is quite difficult to delete if you aren't too savvy with the PC) but she was on and offline pretty much every day.. It ended pretty much there..
Of course there were excuses and how she didn't think it important and she wanted to talk about it.
At the end of the day, there was nothing to be said. The trust was gone and that was that.

Soldato
But most important......
5. Lower your standards, pictures are two dimensional! It works for me lol

This is the most important bit of online dating, people are way too picky..
If you get a message.. follow it up and run with it til you do actually decide to run to the hills :D

Caporegime
Ever watched Rory? The council are * MAJOR SWEAR WORD * :p

Anyway, still talking to her ;) - I just hate the council and everything they do to peoples lives

Last edited:
Permabanned
A good technique on Tinder is to swipe like to every picture, then just filter the ones that like you. Takes less than a minute to get through all your free swipes that way and can do it several times a day.

Just a numbers game after all.

It is a little sad when you've swiped through 100 women and go no matches mind :S

Caporegime
I'd be very surprised if their developers haven't already taken into account the fact that people do that. You're surely going to be lower priority in the queue to display to other matches than someone who has been selective. In fact surely there are some girls who get constant swipe rights to the point where some of the people doing that need to be filtered/eliminated from the queue and simply not shown to a lot of the girls they swipe right on.

Would be interesting to see how they handle it - if you swipe right to a hundred or so (or whatever the limit is) per day for a month.. so covering 3-6000 members... are they actually going to bump your profile into the queue ahead of the random profiles for each of those members(seems very unlikely). If I were them I'd be looking at filtering, especially filtering away from the girls who already have a big queue. You'd probably also filter based on how many reciprocal likes people get... i.e. you'd want to prioritise matching the more popular males with the hot/popular females... as you don't want miss 10/10 to log on and have to flick through 200+ fat gimps who've swiped right on her as she'll leave the app and for a dating site/app a hot female is much more important to them.

Permabanned
seriously? how did that come about - did you just try to log in and find you were banned or did they contact you?

I could not log in so I contacted them and they said
Hi there!

We have received several complaints about your profile unfortunately. We have investigated these complaints and have decided to block your profile due to the violation of our Guidelines. You can read our Guidelines via the following link: http://bumble.com/guidelines/.

All of our users are required to follow these rules to ensure Bumble remains a fun, friendly and safe meeting network. Our decision about your profile cannot be changed and no exceptions will be made.

This is bull because I spoke to 2 women and decline an offer from a 3rd in a polite way told her I was bi sexual ( not bi) to get rid of her with out say sorry not interested, i didn't want to hurt her feelings. so she must have just done what some women do get annoyed.

Associate
Too many bunny boilers out there to risk those sites. With my luck id wake up in pain beside a heffer that had mounted my best parts on the wall.

That and im over 40 with a partner and 2 kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom