• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan V announced £2700 15TF 12nm Volta

Soldato
Heat spreaders have become something of a status symbol over the years, to the point where all the decent spec memory has them, thus you can tell from their absence that it's slow and/or cheap RAM.

That's great, except these are likely ECC modules, too. Don't think you're thinking this through lol. I think you've just got a very warped perspective on the rig shown and how it is purpose built. It would be more odd if it did.

Soldato
That's great, except these are likely ECC modules, too.
ECC helps with data integrity not performance, the high end stuff still uses heatspreaders.

Don't think you're thinking this through lol. I think you've just got a very warped perspective on the rig shown and how it is purpose built. It would be more odd if it did.
We were just mocking the fact the guy had spent so much on his system then cheaped out on slow RAM.

Man of Honour
That's great, except these are likely ECC modules, too. Don't think you're thinking this through lol. I think you've just got a very warped perspective on the rig shown and how it is purpose built. It would be more odd if it did.

Lets not worry about heat spreaders.:)

Just put my second card in my old 6950X system which can only do 4.4ghz.

Despite the CPU the Titan V is disgustingly fast.

bRxMPqN.png

Check out the graphics score on this one.:)

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14426627

Soldato
Nice round number lol. Doubt the CPU will make too much difference, although mesh on the 7980 may even hinder it a little bit in comparison to X99

I'm in disbelief you bought two, dude. Why lol

Man of Honour
Nice round number lol. Doubt the CPU will make too much difference, although mesh on the 7980 may even hinder it a little bit in comparison to X99

I'm in disbelief you bought two, dude. Why lol

I tried to cancel the second one when I found out there was no mGPU support but NVidia sent it anyway.

In the end I decided to put one in my 7980XE and the other in my 6950X systems.

There is something I do not understand about my 7980XE system -

Every GPU I put in there performs about 5% less well than my 6950X system clock for clock on the card.

When it comes to 2 way SLI in Firestrike the difference in graphics score is huge in favour of the 6950X. I have also noticed that Radox has the same problem with his 1080 Ti cards and a 7980XE.

Soldato
I tried to cancel the second one when I found out there was no mGPU support but NVidia sent it anyway.

In the end I decided to put one in my 7980XE and the other in my 6950X systems.

There is something I do not understand about my 7980XE system -

Every GPU I put in there performs about 5% less well than my 6950X system clock for clock on the card.

When it comes to 2 way SLI in Firestrike the difference in graphics score is huge in favour of the 6950X. I have also noticed that Radox has the same problem with his 1080 Ti cards and a 7980XE.

Intel's changes with mesh favour bandwidth for more workstation focused workloads, but sacrifices latency. Games suffer because of it. Overclocking the cache and memory should bridge the gap. Also multiple cards are likely still better optimised on X99

Permabanned
If id be on 50k+ would already ahve one :D Fastest is fastest like it.

Only pathetic thing is AMD's Gpu range :(

Or maybe you would appreciate the value of money more.

If you have some real use for the card, fair enough, but spending 3K on a graphics card to play console ports is not a wise decission.

AMD are in a great price / performance spot when you include the monitor tech. Something they tried to educate people on at the launch of Vega.
(says me, with a 1080Ti FTW3 :p)

Permabanned

If you have some real use for the card, fair enough, but spending 3K on a graphics card to play console ports is not a wise decission.

AMD are in a great price / performance spot when you include the monitor tech. Something they tried to educate people on at the launch of Vega.

Well what use does freesync got when I'm using my PC for full scale VR with dedicated room for it ?? :D

As i see it Money got NO VALUE. TIME is real Value !!! You can have 10 0000 00000 whatever milions off whatever courency,. Yet Time is real limit of what Youi can do with them ect.
And thats reason i dont chase money at all. And spend any money i got on random gifts for random ravers i meet at events. Sometimes see em once in life.
If i can make someone have Better time its worth more than anything from my point of view :)

Soldato

I think you’ll find AMD tried a number of clever marketing tricks when they realised that Vega wasn’t all that.

It’s akin to Ferrari focusing on how well the car can be cleaned rather than it’s performance.

Permabanned
I think you’ll find AMD tried a number of clever marketing tricks when they realised that Vega wasn’t all that.

It’s akin to Ferrari focusing on how well the car can be cleaned rather than it’s performance.

And a Ferrari makes as much sense on UK roads as a Titan V playing console ports ;)

Permabanned
Well what use does freesync got when I'm using my PC for full scale VR with dedicated room for it ?? :D

What percentage of PC gamers do you think use VR? (though I am part of that percentage :p)

As i see it Money got NO VALUE. TIME is real Value !!! You can have 10 0000 00000 whatever milions off whatever courency,. Yet Time is real limit of what Youi can do with them ect.
And thats reason i dont chase money at all. And spend any money i got on random gifts for random ravers i meet at events. Sometimes see em once in life.
If i can make someone have Better time its worth more than anything from my point of view :)

:rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Intel's changes with mesh favour bandwidth for more workstation focused workloads, but sacrifices latency. Games suffer because of it. Overclocking the cache and memory should bridge the gap. Also multiple cards are likely still better optimised on X99

Has anyone had much success overclocking the cache?

As to overclocking the memory mine CPU can only handle around 3733mhz and the memory I have installed is good for over 3866mhz so not even running full speed.

Soldato
Has anyone had much success overclocking the cache?

As to overclocking the memory mine CPU can only handle around 3733mhz and the memory I have installed is good for over 3866mhz so not even running full speed.

4 DIMM board helps, Apex is great for memory frequency. Using 4x8GB 3200Mhz bdie here for 4000Mhz CAS 16

Cache stability depends on the sample obviously, but tops out at 3.4Ghz. Don't want to push voltages too far there.
C'mon Kaap, the podium beckons :D

JPM is a good friend of mine and is pretty nifty with 3d benching. He also has a chiller, so not sure if he's managed to put that to use yet ;)

Back
Top Bottom