Titanfall 2

Permabanned
Guys what price was this at the lowest? And is it still a 4v4 game? I like the look of CTF but i wanted some mixtape 8v8 if im honest. And also how long do matches last im not an arcadey fan but do like the look of this game and ive knocked a few other AAA off my list and now am looking at this one.

I really cant decide yay or nay even though it is £22 :p

Soldato
Buy it mate. I bought it yesterday and i have to say is bloody great fun. I only wish i bought it sooner tbh. Its great to pick up and have a blast for an hour or so, which usually turns into 4 hours or so lol

Man of Honour
Guys what price was this at the lowest? And is it still a 4v4 game? I like the look of CTF but i wanted some mixtape 8v8 if im honest. And also how long do matches last im not an arcadey fan but do like the look of this game and ive knocked a few other AAA off my list and now am looking at this one.

It's a great game, just look in this thread, hardly any bad reviews.

Soldato

Brilliant game - both single player and multiplayer are brilliant. Can't say that about . . . any other game I can think of from the last few years.

Soldato
Most MP games cause me no end of frustration. This simply doesn't because if my team is getting stomped I only have to wait a short time before the game is over and I can jump in a new one.

It's just fast, fun and frantic. Plus you don't feel like you need a clan of people to play well, it's great for solo play for an hour here and there or a long session.

Permabanned
So how fast are games i really do not like fast games and i like bigger player pools so this is why im worried it does look great its just fast games + 4 players is an overly crowded market.

For Honor Overwatch L4D2 still take priority so im looking another shooter as you can see Titanfall would fit in nice as the fast paced game but just how fast is fast? Can you ever do 8v8 CTF? I swear had TitanFall 2 got 8v8 CTF with at least one titan on the go per time on node defence it would be a amazing thing.

Man of Honour
I don't play CTF, I play Hardpoint which is 6v6. Games last about 10 minutes on average. You can go to the front and assault in which case the gameplay is lightning, or stick back and defend/long range which is slower paced.

Associate
There is a baseline speed in gameplay but as mentioned before, Amped hard point and Last titan to some extent are slower more thoughtful modes.

In AH, you can win by being really good at securing the hardpoint you starting, making clever use of sonar daggers or phase shift to lock an area down. Lots of times the rest of the team can do the taking, and people who defend the 1 point the whole game can be the top of scoreboard with only 4 or 5 kills vs someone whos been getting 30 but not going for the points.

LTS people spawn in slower more grounded titans with specific classes. Getting out of your titan is not recommended. So it turns into a strategic slugfest

Associate
You won't regret it. I've yet to hear anyone being disappointed after trying it out except obvious fanboys of other franchises or Titanfall 1 elitists.

Soldato
Hmm this seems to be a game I should pick up. I wont be any good at it but the sound of it and the feedback people are giving it are super positive.

I don't really play multiplayer anymore with all the general problems these days with cheating and hacking etc. but this one is actually brilliant fun. Plus the single player is the best I've seen in a good while, it's excellent.

Caporegime

hqdefault.jpg

:D :D :D

Soldato
Just bought this today for £22. Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about ;)

I think you'll enjoy it! My recommendation for the single player is to play it on Hard difficulty first then on Master. On your first run through anything less than Hard will be too easy and on Master you won't learn the merits of the different weapons. I'm half way through my second play, this time on Master :).

Also there's the 'Live Fire' patch coming soon which balances out the multiplayer (I can't speak for the MP as I've never tried it, not my thing) and some benefits to the PC platform such as:
  • Added Adaptive Supersampling. When enabled and running faster than the FPS target, the game will dynamically increase rendering resolution up to 2x the target resolution to improve AA quality. If the maximum supersampled resolution exceeds 16K in either dimension (e.g. when running at Eyefinity/Surround resolutions), this option will be unavailable.
  • Added Very High to the Model Quality tiers.
  • General stability improvements.
  • Added Model Draw Distance to allow pushing draw distances further out.
  • Added description for Triple Buffered in the VSync description text.
  • In an effort to reduce hitches from texture streaming, the "Texture Quality" setting has been renamed to "Texture Streaming Budget" to more accurately reflect the setting's function, and the tiers have been renamed to indicate the VRAM amount needed. A warning has also been added when the game detects that the chosen tier uses more memory than currently detected. The goal is to only use about ~75-80% of the VRAM when the game is running to avoid GPU memory management hitches.
  • Spun D3D texture creates off onto a dedicated thread to avoid driver stalls and added throttling to the number of textures that are made live by the streaming system every frame. The throttling mechanism is simplistic and can be improved, but we want to get this out earlier to see if we're on the right track in reducing texture streaming stutter before investing more engineering effort. If you were previously experiencing stutter, please provide feedback on whether stuttering has noticeably improved after this patch.
  • Adaptive Resolution FPS Target is no longer capped by max monitor refresh rate and instead caps to maximum supported FPS (144).
  • Improve VRAM detection accuracy.
  • Improved SLI/Crossfire compatibility. Players are recommended to not use TSAA when running in multi-GPU mode because TSAA can negatively affect performance scaling.
  • Improved frame rate stutter detection tools.
  • Enabling adaptive resolution while VSync is set to Double Buffered should now reliably force VSync to Triple Buffered.
  • The game now prevents the screensaver/lock screen from coming up due to idling while the game is running.
  • Added additional info to rare startup error "Failed to CreateGameWindow. Resolution Unsupported?" and a speculative fix for it.
  • Fixed adaptive res FPS target incorrectly resetting to 60.
  • Fixed texture streaming being disabled on GPUs with < 2GB of detected VRAM.
  • Fixed the game crashing on startup if a user has AMD GPU drivers installed, but is no longer using an AMD GPU as the primary adapter.
  • Fixed memory leak experienced on Crossfire setups.
  • Fixed various UI scaling issues when running in Eyefinity/Surround ultrawide resolution.
  • Added text clarifying "Invite friends" functionality doesn't work while the Origin overlay is disabled.
Source.

Back
Top Bottom