Titanfall 2

Permabanned
I think that is a damm fine compliment then, For me i want attrition with 6v6 or 7v7 and the match to last just that little bit longer. I get so into this and have so much fun the next thing i know it is all over and it begins again. Also is run and gun with an SMG, Grappling hook a way to play? I had to unbind and go for auto sprint because i feel like i have too many buttons and i need some for the Titan only moves which sucks. I think they could revamp that with better rebinds, Better matchmaking and a few other tiny things.

I am going to have to get chores done so i can get on here for some!

Caporegime
This game, and Respawn really got boned hard by EA releasing so close to CoD and BF1. If they'd held this back even until January or February they'd have sold loads more copies.

Soldato
I picked it up in sale a while back, been playing it a lot.

Single player campaign was terribad, had to force myself to finish it. I don't even remember what happened tbf, instantly forgettable.

Multi-player though

Movement is slick
Guns feel solid
Titans are fun!
Matchmaking is quick and load times are great

But :

Weapon balance is terrible. Most of them aren't worth using.
Titan balance is pretty bad as well, some of them just suck.
Level design is terribly boring...partly due to to the movement, there's no choke points.
Customisation options just feel weak, how about some proper colour schemes a la Destiny?
Generally the game just suffers from a very boring industrial military aesthetic that we've seen a hundred times before.

If they do another game I really hope they bring in a new art and creative team (or just direct the existing one) to make something that looks a bit more interesting.

Caporegime

Single player campaign was terribad, had to force myself to finish it. I don't even remember what happened tbf, instantly forgettable.

Multi-player though

Movement is slick
Guns feel solid
Titans are fun!
Matchmaking is quick and load times are great

But :

Weapon balance is terrible. Most of them aren't worth using.
Titan balance is pretty bad as well, some of them just suck.
Level design is terribly boring...partly due to to the movement, there's no choke points.
Customisation options just feel weak, how about some proper colour schemes a la Destiny?
Generally the game just suffers from a very boring industrial military aesthetic that we've seen a hundred times before.

If they do another game I really hope they bring in a new art and creative team (or just direct the existing one) to make something that looks a bit more interesting.
Have to say, judging by most, in fact nearly every comment I've read, you're in the minority.

Soldato
Have to say, judging by most, in fact nearly every comment I've read, you're in the minority.

Regarding what? I haven't said I don't like the game. I've played it a lot, it's just got a bunch of annoying flaws that prevent it from being great....primarily the achingly dull aesthetics.

Maybe the single player was spoiled because I played it right after Horizon Zero Dawn!

Soldato
Regarding what? I haven't said I don't like the game. I've played it a lot, it's just got a bunch of annoying flaws that prevent it from being great....primarily the achingly dull aesthetics.

Maybe the single player was spoiled because I played it right after Horizon Zero Dawn!

That most of us really like the aesthetics though and didn't think the weapon/Titan balance was all that bad.

Soldato
That most of us really like the aesthetics though and didn't think the weapon/Titan balance was all that bad.

That's wonderful, I'm happy for you all that really like the generic military industrial aesthetics.

I'm happy to be in the minority that thinks it's utterly bland. Isn't it great we can have different opinions!

Soldato

Are you sure you have the right game? Easily one of the best games I've played in years. Brilliant single player, and in an absolute shocker for nowadays - no performance issues! It just works properly! Like back in the old days. I'm not sure what voodoo they used to get that right but I can't think of a better single player games in recent times. Did you actually play the game that you can't remember?

And the story was great too, and it was great fun. Actually, thanks for reminding me to replay the single player game here, new games don't work anymore and nothing really compares to this the last few years and it's such a joy to be free of hackers, racists and cheaters etc. on multiplayer.

Soldato
The multiplayer gameplay is really solid...but single-player is just dull, the enemy AI isn't any better than the grunts in multiplayer. Enemy titans you just blow away with a simple game of peekaboo, there's no finesse to it at all. There's a couple of set pieces that were quite good, but the story was comfortably the most boring and unengaging I've come across in a game to date. Bunch of random military dudes, a super-weapon, an 'ark' or whatever, just filler to connect the next contrived scenario where you have to leave your titan behind and kill some stupefiyingly dull grunts on foot for a while.

I'd heard such good things about TF2's campaign, maybe I was expecting too much :shrug:

Compared to Horizon Zero Dawn that had me applauding the end credits screen, TF2's campaign was cack.

Caporegime
The multiplayer gameplay is really solid...but single-player is just dull, the enemy AI isn't any better than the grunts in multiplayer. Enemy titans you just blow away with a simple game of peekaboo, there's no finesse to it at all. There's a couple of set pieces that were quite good, but the story was comfortably the most boring and unengaging I've come across in a game to date. Bunch of random military dudes, a super-weapon, an 'ark' or whatever, just filler to connect the next contrived scenario where you have to leave your titan behind and kill some stupefiyingly dull grunts on foot for a while.

I'd heard such good things about TF2's campaign, maybe I was expecting too much :shrug:

Compared to Horizon Zero Dawn that had me applauding the end credits screen, TF2's campaign was cack.
Compares free roaming, open world RPG game to five level first person shooter campaign and wonders why they're different?

Caporegime
Genre is no excuse for terrible writing. I expect better from a supposedly excellent single player game these days.
Many people have said the TF2 campaign was really good and I agree. I also respect your opinion that you didn't think much of the game though. You do seem to be in a relative minority given what I've read both here and elsewhere though.

Soldato
Hurrah. The collective insistence on everyone agreeing to some arbitrary measure of 'good' for different things is very tiresome.

Saying "I don't like the campaign, the writing is terrible and story boring" doesn't mean "Anyone that enjoyed the campaign is wrong" :p

Permabanned
Guys are you using the dynamic scaling since the latest patch? Somethings changed granted it takes +5 over your refresh rate (too bad at 144hz) but at 125 i am literally locked down at 120 fps it does not move its just now the game has no set resolution it depends on my fps which is boosted by the fact i only really turned on texures and AF to max so it boosts me to the highest possible resolution which can be anything up to 16K resolution! From my experiment im sure it is keeping me around the 4K level but its clearly going higher at times because last patch i ran 4K DSR without this and it looks just the same now except im getting my frame rates smoothed out to perfection.

I am literally stunned at how well it now runs and how smooth this makes the game without G-Sync which i now am unsure i would ever actually want if this is the future. Try it out +5 or equal to your refresh rate and enable the supersampling feature as well.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...de#titanfall-2-adaptive-resolution-fps-target
http://wccftech.com/titanfall-2-can-render-6k-on-xbox-one-x/

Soldato
Yeah, blame the stupid launch date and absence of marketing. Me and a friend used to play amped hardpoint every night until there was no one left to play at about 1am. We used to know nearly every player, and were also well known.

Permabanned
You still see 1000 players around at 4am you will find attrition games. But if you really like bounty hunt well tough luck because to be honest attrition is a better game mode it has got more going on. It also has AI and Titans so i only have it ticked alongside Atrition only but the matchmaking only searches for the one first selected so if you only want bounty hunt only tick bounty hunt. It is also not a failure hence why they chose Source to play it safe on all platforms.

Also spread the word and keep asking them to do a sale or promotion they should have really done a big campaign when they released the 4K patch for consoles. It should have included HDR if thats possible and really treated it like a second launch window. BF1 is terrible, COD nearly died and now they are going to fail again with WW2 really Titanfall is the only real choice for a serious fps gamer who wants something more movement and vehicle based than CS:GO. So come on spread the word maybe even buy your friends a copy if you see it for £15?

Do you want Titanfall 3? I think if the game can keep going people will start to see past the viel of big bad games like Destiny, COD and Battlefield.

Back
Top Bottom