Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Associate
Employee: This isn't safe, the Carbon fibre will degrade
CEO: It will be fine, I have sonar that scans for defects
Employee: You'll only get milliseconds of warning before you die
CEO: No, it will be fine, and you're fired

Soldato
Now we know there is no hope for this sub - & we have seen what the world can do to mobilise sea rescue………I wonder why 700 refugees did not receive the same international help ? There is plenty of boats in the world, they all sadly died at sea.

As Mr Obama said, its an untenable situation & the human race needs a word with itself.

Soldato
Now we know there is no hope for this sub - & we have seen what the world can do to mobilise sea rescue………I wonder why 700 refugees did not receive the same international help ? There is plenty of boats in the world, they all sadly died at sea.

As Mr Obama said, its an untenable situation & the human race needs a word with itself.
Because humans are flawed, myself included.

Soldato
It disappointing to read through 3 pages of this thread from when I left it last night to see that it's full of people who haven't bothered to do the same and it's literally just pages of people repeating information that has been posted multiple times already so now I feel like I've wasted my time and gained no further information on this disaster :(

Caporegime

I think it's obvious really, when something happens regularly shock/surprise is replaced by apathy for the majority with an expectation that it'll sort itself out or somebody else will deal with it. Everything about this submersible going missing is in comparison almost fictional in it's absurdity.

Associate
It disappointing to read through 3 pages of this thread from when I left it last night to see that it's full of people who haven't bothered to do the same and it's literally just pages of people repeating information that has been posted multiple times already so now I feel like I've wasted my time and gained no further information on this disaster :(
here... have a hug :D

Caporegime

I mean, you could have just saved yourself the effort and checked some official sources of information to see if anything new had been released?

Not everyone has the time to sit and read through the past few pages of a thread to get themselves as up to speed as you claim to be. It's a discussion thread, not an up to date news source.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try a news site if you want the news :D

Associate

Well (in theory) the sub had 3 days of oxygen so was (again in theory) rescuable - the migrant boats you are referring to sank in a few minutes. We have no way of knowing what would have been deployed to save them if they had 3 days to do it - i suspect quite a lot - but dont let me spoil your virtue signalling.

Caporegime

Shocking, I'd be asking for my money back if I were you :mad:

Commissario
I bet that wasn't controlled by a $20 Logitech Gamepad with butt plugs stuck on the end of the sticks.
Funnily enough, YouTube offered me a video of a tour of a US nuclear submarine and they control the periscope with an xbox controller.

Soldato
Funnily enough, YouTube offered me a video of a tour of a US nuclear submarine and they control the periscope with an xbox controller.

Periscope is one thing, controlling it with a gamepad liable to stick drift won't be a problem leading to a potential catastrophe, or if it uses BT (don't know), again, not a problem, if it disconnects.

Steering a submersible thousands of feet below the surface wwith one, something else all together to my layman's eyes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom