Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Associate
I dont get why you would wanna be confined in such small area and really deep stuff of nightmares when we have so much video footage of the wreck

If someone gave you the choice to see the Grand Canyon or just watch it on video, which would you choose, if money was no object?

We have tons of video footage of Spanish Beach Resorts... yet people still choose "the stuff of nightmares" of getting into a pressurized aluminium tube at 35,000ft travelling at 400+ mph to do it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont get why you would wanna be confined in such small area and really deep stuff of nightmares when we have so much video footage of the wreck

I guess its the adventure as well, just going down to the bottom of an ocean, anything that can go wrong is the last thing any of these people on the exhibition would be thinking about.

Soldato
Would you risk it to see what they're seeing ? I find it odd paying £250k(or $) to see the steel grave of 1500 people, just to be there vs seeing what's already been captured (recorded) over the years. It's like some weird voyeurism. It funds the scientist visits but not even sure why those are even needed now?

It wouldn't be my first choice for a quarter of a mil jolly no! But if I was interested in the Titanic and had that sort of spare wonga, then yea I'd do it.

Soldato
If someone gave you the choice to see the Grand Canyon or just watch it on video, which would you choose, if money was no object?

We have tons of video footage of Spanish Beach Resorts... yet people still choose the insanity of getting into a pressurized aluminium tube at 35,000ft travelling at 400+ mph to do it.

plenty of other places on earth to visit with less risk give me beach resorts over going deep into the ocean in a tube

Man of Honour
Would you risk it to see what they're seeing ? I find it odd paying £250k(or $) to see the steel grave of 1500 people, just to be there vs seeing what's already been captured (recorded) over the years. It's like some weird voyeurism. It funds the scientist visits but not even sure why those are even needed now?
Admittedly it doesnt cost £250k, but millions of people pay to see the graves, and indeed the "corpses" of thousands more than 1500 people at Pompeii every year.

Soldato
to each their own TBH. I dont get the argument accusing those who do it of essentially being creeps for wanting to look at graves.

unless you never visit other similar sights. ...... hell maybe i AM a ghoul!.... when i was a kid on holiday in wales (we didnt have much cash) we used to spend hrs walking around old churches / grave yards and what not and i would always look to find the oldest (readable) gravestones.

loads of people visit monuments such as the wrecks in Hawaii, or aformentioned in other posts Auschwitz, or even old Roman colosseums, yes part of it because of the gravity of what happened there, but also just because they were monumental events in our history and it is human nature (I think) to want to visit these things.

Some would be a bit too emotional for me (Auschwitz).............. but OTOH i really want to visit Prypiat one day as well as see Chernobyl for myself.... Realistically the titanic is out, so will have to make do with VR and videos for that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its almost like people are different and like different things. Beach resorts suck IMO.

fair enough guess must be really into the Titanic reading and watching footage is enough for me , over not being confined in steal tube going that deep . if you dont like resorts plenty of other things on earth that are far less risky to enjoy

Last edited:
Soldato
Billionaires desperately trying to find ways to spend their money.

Soldato
fair enough guess must be really into the Titanic , and you okay being confined in steal tube going that deep . if you dont like resorts plenty of other things on earth that are far less risky to enjoy
if i had the money i would love to go up in Virgin Galactic as well.... Not certain but i reckon that would be even more dangerous than a sub (and less environmentally sustainable)

Last edited:
Soldato
fair enough guess must be really into the Titanic , and you okay being confined in steal tube going that deep . if you dont like resorts plenty of other things on earth that are far less risky to enjoy
I wouldn't do this trip, not much interest in the Titanic wreck myself and the viewing experience doesn't look all that good, one small window etc but I'd jump at the space stuff.

Caporegime

We have tons of video footage of Spanish Beach Resorts... yet people still choose "the stuff of nightmares" of getting into a pressurized aluminium tube at 35,000ft travelling at 400+ mph to do it.

A pressurised aluminium tube filled with other people's farts!

Soldato

True, perhaps if the worst has happened people will pay a company £250k to visit the place these people have died too. Win, win.

Back
Top Bottom