Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
Soldato
They only have a matter of hours now to save them, would take an unprecedented rescue attempt.

I think they'll still want to recover the sub to investigate what happened.

That's probably the aim, but just like when planes go down in the ocean, long searches are very expensive and can take years to yield results.

I guess the luxury here is there's at least two very wealthy families that could fund for searches to continue. I can't imagine the US Coast Guard/Navy will continue searching after X amount of time.

Problem with this though, if he did go down to rescue, he'd only rescue two of them. The third would just have to stay there, being teased, never to see the light of day.

There is no air lock type thing to perform a transfer.
Whole thing needs to be brought back up basically :(

This clarifies it as the gaps as I said before.

Its not the gaps! The gaps are the spacers.

dot dot dot = S
dash dash dash = O
dot dot dot =S

its why both of them do short short short, long long long, short short short!

Soldato
I'm guessing the seawater got into the battery pack and kill it and lost the whole power. If that's the case then not having a second battery pack as a backup is stupidity

Soldato
There is no air lock type thing to perform a transfer.
Whole thing needs to be brought back up basically :(

Its not the gaps! The gaps are the spacers.

dot dot dot = S
dash dash dash = O
dot dot dot =S

its why both of them do short short short, long long long, short short short!

You can't do a long noise with a bang, it's the extended pause that equals a dash.

Soldato
Yes, because despite this controller thing we don't know what went wrong. There is a myriad of things that could have happened and as every day goes by the list of questionable stuff gets longer so controller is a good headline but may or may not be related to why the sub is missing.
Of all the things in the sub, the controller is probably most tried and tested thing :cry:

Caporegime
So to summarize my understandings so far:

1. They didn't have their own launch vessel and had to rent one.
  2. They had no means of recovery in the event of an emergency.
  3. Their submersible had no emergency egress system.
  4. The ballast in the submersible was constructed using construction pipes.
  5. The light in the unit was from a camping shop.
  6. The controller was a gaminng unit.
  7. Their control system was Bluetooth, which has never been tested in those circumstances.
  8. The owner was told by a former employee that this thing is dangerous, he fired that person.
  9. He was told by other sources that this thing is dangerous (can't remember who atm, will have a better dig when I've got more time)
  10. The sub was never safety approved by any agency worldwide.
  11. The sub was never put forward for classing because "classing doesn't guarantee safety".
From these facts I'd very much be classing everything this man says as "absolute nonsense" until proven otherwise.

This is what boggles my mind from the tourists perspective. Surely being massively rich as they are they would have done their due diligence on this. I am sure they have done many business acquisitions in the past and researched everything to the highest order. It is not like this was a trip to Disney Land.

If it was myself in that situation, especially taking my son on board I would be asking plenty of questions. I understand there is risk to everything but when the risk means you have a high potential for death that is where I back out and certainly not taking my child with me. It just doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Soldato
If people haven't read it, the BBC have put back up an interesting article from 2013 (with some more recent update on Chapman and Mallinson added) on the 1973 Pisces III sinking and rescue.

Roger Mallinson defintely has a slight air of that "stiff upper lip" that marks pioneers in dangerous jobs and adventurers.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is what boggles my mind from the tourists perspective. Surely being massively rich as they are they would have done their due diligence on this. I am sure they have done many business acquisitions in the past and researched everything to the highest order. It is not like this was a trip to Disney Land.

If it was myself in that situation, especially taking my son on board I would be asking plenty of questions. I understand there is risk to everything but when the risk means you have a high potential for death that is where I back out and certainly not taking my child with me. It just doesn't make any sense.

my guess is that there’s a waiting list (or was) and if you ask too many questions, you don’t make it to the top of the list.

Soldato

Overconfident

Back
Top Bottom