Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Caporegime
my guess is that there’s a waiting list (or was) and if you ask too many questions, you don’t make it to the top of the list.
The ever cheerful world of predatory FOMO, it really needs to be regulated but then again they were a company solely operating in international waters so doesn't really matter. This is partly why I think normalising gambling creates morons who don't understand risk anymore.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Where's the Thunderbirds when you need them, this reminds me of that episode with the rocket at the bottom of the lake, covered by debris.

I just worry they will find it, but there will be nothing that can be done in the remaining time as it's in such an embedded position or something. To have to accept that you can't rescue them in time would be heart-breaking for everyone involved.

Soldato
What happened to James Camerons sub? That would be able to reach them & help search

EDIT: On display in a museum.....not very useful then - they really should keep these things in a state where they can be used within 24 hours notice.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Makes perfect sense, people don't think it will happen to them.

This is where I obviously think different. I think it takes from the fact my dad was a career solider. Rules and regulation are there to be followed and not broken for the safety of everyone. My missus thinks I am mad but I always think of the worse. Say for example we drive in the summer to my mothers 1800 miles away. The boot in my car has a full tool kit, can of petrol, essential spare parts etc.

Even today I take my son to nursery on the back of my bike. Instead of going the quickest direct route I take a longer route which means I am not cycling next to a busy road.

Caporegime
Where's the Thunderbirds when you need them, this reminds me of that episode with the rocket at the bottom of the lake, covered by debris.

I just worry they will find it, but there will be nothing that can be done in the remaining time as it's in such an embedded position or something. To have to accept that you can't rescue them in time would be heart-breaking for everyone involved.
If that were the case you'd think a merciful depth charge or torpedo would be an option rather than just waiting for people to die of suffocation in close quarters.

Soldato
The BBC’s US partner CBS sent one of its reporters on a voyage with the same company last year to see the wreck of the Titanic.

In his report, David Pogue reads from what appears to be a waiver which describes the submersible as an “experimental” vessel, "that has not been approved or certified by any regulatory body, and could result in physical injury, disability, emotional trauma or death".

Associate
The BBC’s US partner CBS sent one of its reporters on a voyage with the same company last year to see the wreck of the Titanic.

In his report, David Pogue reads from what appears to be a waiver which describes the submersible as an “experimental” vessel, "that has not been approved or certified by any regulatory body, and could result in physical injury, disability, emotional trauma or death".
Yes we know, the initial elements of this sub, how, why, where, have been covered numerous times now.

Can we have a statement now that "general information on the vessel is no longer required to be posted".

Suspended
RsadgvM.jpg

Not surprising at all. Assuming this is legit and valid, the arrogance of Stockton is exactly as I've been saying since my first post in this thread. The guy is a ******* idiot.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
This is how you build a deep sea sub:

Not the nonsense that was used on this one, no wonder it failed, my van has literally had more testing than this thing.

This seems like something you'd want:

carries 500 kg (1,100 lb) of ballast weight that allows it to both sink to the bottom, and when released, rise to the surface. If the ballast weight release system fails, stranding the craft on the seafloor, a backup galvanic release is designed to corrode in salt water in a set period of time, allowing the sub to automatically surface.

Caporegime
This is how you build a deep sea sub:

Not the nonsense that was used on this one, no wonder it failed, my van has literally had more testing than this thing.

To be fair, they had a lot more funding and deepsea challenger went to over twice the depths of the tin can titan.

This seems like something you'd want:

Apparently, the titan has something along those lines, it's not much help if you get caught up in something though.

Last edited:
lol, I know exactly what Morse code sounds like on the radio or in true audio form, I refer you to my previous post, it's all about the pattern when banging things.

Can we consider the SOS thing put to bed now?

Its why I deleted my posts because even though the examples on the web say otherwise its somewhat distracting yes.

Seeing as views differ in regards when you cannot do it properly. Was quite interesting actually to google the response to the same question.
Eg https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-send-Morse-code-just-by-tapping

One for example saying if you need to do SOS via simple tapping you would do the S with the three very quick taps and the O with three quick but spaced longer
Another saying you do a tap for the S dots but more of a scrape for the O part
Another saying they were taught to double tap for the longer ones if you cannot create a long single tap (apparently this goes well back)

It all relies of course of the skill of someone picking it up.

I was taught to morse with a torch as I did some long distance walking and that was always 111 222 111 (where 1 = short flash, 2= longer flash)

Like in this vid here at 2:51, exactly how I was trained to SOS on a torch (which is supposed to be universal of all forms)

Back
Top Bottom