Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
Not surprising at all. Assuming this is legit and valid, the arrogance of Stockton is exactly as I've been saying since my first post in this thread. The guy is a ******* idiot.

The more information that seems to be coming out about it , it's really terrifying how it was allowed, if they can't rescued hopefully they can find out what went wrong

But with all accidents things will be put in place so it doesn't happen again but this seems like it shouldn't have got this far :(

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair, they had a lot more funding and deepsea challenger went to over twice the depths of the tin can titan.

To be honest, diving to any serious depth isn't a game and something where you'd just buy a games controller or something daft like that to control it...........oh wait :rolleyes:

The outrageous madness of that still bothers me, absolutely stupid, its hardly as if when the bluetooth protocol was created they thought 'yeah might need to use this miles under water'.......

I blame the CEO of the company, loads of reports coming out now he fired people who protested it wasn't safe or tested properly.

Soldato
Even communicating basic things like bow or stern [of titanic] would massively narrow any search area, for example. Well, you'd hope anyway.
True, assuming they are down at the wreck and have working lights. Someone reported though they might even be nearer the surface, but not sure what the visibility is like when you ascend to a level where there is light.

Soldato
This is where I obviously think different. I think it takes from the fact my dad was a career solider. Rules and regulation are there to be followed and not broken for the safety of everyone. My missus thinks I am mad but I always think of the worse. Say for example we drive in the summer to my mothers 1800 miles away. The boot in my car has a full tool kit, can of petrol, essential spare parts etc.

Even today I take my son to nursery on the back of my bike. Instead of going the quickest direct route I take a longer route which means I am not cycling next to a busy road.
You're very careless by my standards. I would never drive my family 1800 miles or take a toddler on the back of my bike.

Caporegime
Well that just adds more weight to this guy's charlatan impression then, as he clearly states in one of his vids that the left stick on the controller was up/down :confused:

He may have been referring to its limited steering function.

The crucial difference between a submersible and a submarine is that a submersible cannot dive and return independently, whereas a submarine is fully self powered. The submersible has to be launched and recovered by a mothership.

Last edited:
Soldato
A former Rear Admiral, Chris Parry, has just said on Sky that he doesn't believe the SOS sounds being reported, originate from the Titan, due to the interior being made of carbon fibre, which would be damaged in the process.

Last edited:
Soldato
A former Rear Admiral, Chris Parry, has just said on Sky that he doesn't believe the SOS sounds being reported, originate from the Titan, due to the interior being made of carbon fibre, which would be damaged in the process.

The ends of the cylinder are titanium and it's suspected that if the sounds originate from the sub, they're banging the ends

Suspended

I very strongly doubt that the occupants would care much about damage at this point.

Soldato
Im not sure on the thickness of the hull but wouldn't it be worth having a cutter and life raft onboard incase you end up at the surface but no one knows where you are.....

You cut yourself out and then transfer to the life raft

Associate
This is where I obviously think different. I think it takes from the fact my dad was a career solider. Rules and regulation are there to be followed and not broken for the safety of everyone. My missus thinks I am mad but I always think of the worse. Say for example we drive in the summer to my mothers 1800 miles away. The boot in my car has a full tool kit, can of petrol, essential spare parts etc.

Even today I take my son to nursery on the back of my bike. Instead of going the quickest direct route I take a longer route which means I am not cycling next to a busy road.
I hope that can of petrol is empty?

Man of Honour
Im not sure on the thickness of the hull but wouldn't it be worth having a cutter and life raft onboard incase you end up at the surface but no one knows where you are.....

You cut yourself out and then transfer to the life raft
Raft maybe but cutter seems redundant, if you're on the surface you could presumably just open the hatch rather than cutting a door.

Soldato
If they lost power on the way down, currents could have taken them off anywhere.

It's not known AFAIK yet that they've lost power. It could be that they were unable to release all of the ballast. They probably have backup power as I imagine they'd have to be processing their CO2 otherwise they'd suffer hypercapnia before running out of oxygen.

Back
Top Bottom