Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Caporegime
You're very careless by my standards. I would never drive my family 1800 miles or take a toddler on the back of my bike.

He is 4 years old so not a toddler but I was more pointing out the way I risk assess the things I do even though they can potentially be quite dangerous yet are seen as everyday things.

To put it in the perspective of the CEO who did these dives it obviously was a long way down his list to ensure the safety of his passengers as from the stuff coming out already it shows where safety was on his priorities. He has not only killed himself through his negligence but others including a child.

Last edited:
Soldato
should they not dive in pairs of these subs, so if something happens to one of them the other can note the location and get to the surface and send out a signal and alert rescuers where to start looking

Caporegime
should they not dive in pairs of these subs, so if something happens to one of them the other can note the location and get to the surface and send out a signal and alert rescuers where to start looking

There are loads of things they should have done but it's looking like it's too late for that now. Hopefully, a lot of lessons are learned from this and other companies cannot do such reckless dives going forward.

Soldato
No chance, that pressure would squash the occupants in to paste in milliseconds if there was a gap.
Remind me if I ever climb inside a tube not rated for depth with an iPad and ps3 controller with half charge (cant even swap the battery), to sink down to see a 3 inch square part of the titanic......don't.

Last edited:
Soldato
This seems like something you'd want:
Well on the program on iPlayer they talk about this, one dude even says it was suggested they could sleep on the bottom and wait for the weights to dissolve during a failed dive.

Physically can you even open it with the pressure outside pusing it in? Unless the door opens inward?
There is no door, the tube is bolted together after the people get in.

Soldato
Well on the program on iPlayer they talk about this, one dude even says it was suggested they could sleep on the bottom and wait for the weights to dissolve during a failed dive.

There is no door, the tube is bolted together after the people get in.
Dear god lol.

Soldato
It's not known AFAIK yet that they've lost power. It could be that they were unable to release all of the ballast. They probably have backup power as I imagine they'd have to be processing their CO2 otherwise they'd suffer hypercapnia before running out of oxygen.
They lost contact descending right? You would release the ballast to ascend, but yes you'd think they'd just release it and come back up.

Back
Top Bottom