Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Caporegime
Don't personally see the issue with the xbox type controller, these things have had a lot. Of money spent on the design and they are tough as nails. I do an issue with a wireless. Connection however!

It can't be as bad as us arm chair experts think. How many successful trips has it made?

I do hope we find answers to this and some thing is recovered

Soldato
There is no door, the tube is bolted together after the people get in.
I think everyone assumes the Titan is some highly advanced piece of kit, when the reality is it's a floating tube with a window near a crude makeshift bog...

VXO3Exc.jpg

9z6Twin.jpg

Q0I8wbS.jpeg

Soldato
Don't personally see the issue with the xbox type controller, these things have had a lot. Of money spent on the design and they are tough as nails. I do an issue with a wireless. Connection however!

It can't be as bad as us arm chair experts think. How many successful trips has it made?

It just makes you wonder what else could have been improvised, going that depth looks like it's just as difficult going into space you can't be messing about with anything

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Its why I deleted my posts because even though the examples on the web say otherwise its somewhat distracting yes.

Seeing as views differ in regards when you cannot do it properly. Was quite interesting actually to google the response to the same question.
Eg https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-send-Morse-code-just-by-tapping

One for example saying if you need to do SOS via simple tapping you would do the S with the three very quick taps and the O with three quick but spaced longer
Another saying you do a tap for the S dots but more of a scrape for the O part
Another saying they were taught to double tap for the longer ones if you cannot create a long single tap (apparently this goes well back)

It all relies of course of the skill of someone picking it up.

I was taught to morse with a torch as I did some long distance walking and that was always 111 222 111 (where 1 = short flash, 2= longer flash)

Like in this vid here at 2:51, exactly how I was trained to SOS on a torch (which is supposed to be universal of all forms)

Any naval radio operator who cannot pick up a pattern of repeated noises is not likely to be a naval radio operator.

Indeed

Many people who have never worked in industry fail to understand how much money is spent on things, and how much doing so from scratch would cost
And then the end result being cheap is somehow a good indicator of ability.

Your probably well into the tens of thousands and potentially much more to create a one off, which would likely end up with almost all the same components anyway
But without an in effect massive testing regime of them being used in the wild.
If you started speccing no off the shelf components then start adding extras zeros to the end of the cost column

The bluetooth part is certainly more questionable, but as said the issue is to move physical connectors through adds itself a significant failure risk.

Its almost like the whole thing is a really bad idea ;)

It just makes you wonder what else could have been improvised, going that depth looks like it's just as difficult going into space you can't be messing about with anything

In many ways its worse than space.
In space for example first thing to do in an emergency situation is to don a space suit so you have oxygen and can carry on breathing and functioning.
How are you going to noticeably vary the length of a noise (eg a bang) caused by a striking impact?! You aren't, so you use a pattern of different pauses to indicate the same thing.

See my later post where people talk of the various ways its done.
Double tap, scrape as opposed to tap etc

But it seems the main issue whilst there seems to be no prescribed way (at least nothing shows up) is to create a repeating pattern that someone would likely spot the pattern in.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Looking at the internal pics of Titan just posted here, I'm guessing it's due to the proximity of the passengers and pilot, so they don't kick each other with boots and shoes.
A Sealed small metal container certainly isnt a good place to be if you have smelly feet !

Associate
I think everyone assumes the Titan is some highly advanced piece of kit, when the reality is it's a floating tube with a window near a crude makeshift bog...

VXO3Exc.jpg

9z6Twin.jpg

Q0I8wbS.jpeg
Frankly it should be classed as a miracle its achieved a couple successful runs.

If this turns out that the sub has survived the event etc (not the crew just the sub), I'll genuinely eat one of those one chip challenge things.

Back
Top Bottom