Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
Another thought what if all power died and just stuck in total darkness? How long do the batteries even last on that thing ?

Just can't stop thinking about different scenarios :(

Soldato
Sorry to be picky but hydrostatic pressure tests are "at least 1.5 times the maximum working pressure". If you go too high, such as 2.5 times, then you actually risk stressing the material to the point it fails. 2.25 was probably done as it was still less than 90% of the weakest material's yield strstress
Don't apologise, hydrostatic pressure tests are not my forte, 2.5x is a standard safety factor for static mass testing for unknown materials within the medical device industry, its in their standards and so that's where I was (ignorantly) coming from..

Man of Honour
It's the 19 year old son that I keep thinking of. The others have had a life. He hasn't yet. Yes he is an adult at 19 but it's doubtful he really knew enough about the risks to make an informed decision when offered the chance by his dad. It's sad to say but I do hope it imploded and they died instantly rather them being trapped down there in despair.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's the 19 year old son that I keep thinking of. The others have had a life. He hasn't yet. Yes he is an adult at 19 but it's doubtful he really knew enough about the risks to make an informed decision when offered the chance by his dad. It's sad to say but I do hope it imploded and they died instantly rather them being trapped down there in despair.

Yeh, I thought that, too.

I'm sure being a billionaire's son he's already done loads of things not accessible to most people at that age, but nineteen, had his whole life ahead of him, and that's been torn away from him.

Soldato

It's what Charles Hoskinson has been saying, and there isn't a reason for him to lie. But who knows.

*swearies*

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Have they said what will happen if it goes over the point where the is no oxygen left ? Are they still going to search and recover ? "If" they find anything ?

So summary is searches are currently going ahead around the area where the noises were heard and waiting for updates.

Soldato
A lot of equipment isn't arriving until tomorrow, which means there'll be an incredibly small window to actually put the equipment to use even if they knew where the submersible is. Seems odd that they stood down the two British companies that were gathering necessary equipment over the past few days and could have been dispatched before the US equipment. Will be sad if the US's pride was put before accepting help from others.

Caporegime
A lot of equipment isn't arriving until tomorrow, which means there'll be an incredibly small window to actually put the equipment to use even if they knew where the submersible is. Seems odd that they stood down the two British companies that were gathering necessary equipment over the past few days and could have been dispatched before the US equipment. Will be sad if the US's pride was put before accepting help from others.
I thought you liked isolationism?

Back
Top Bottom