Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
3 hours left assuming the oxygen supply time is accurate and they have no idea where the vessel is.

It would be an absolute miracle if they not only found it and were able to recover the vessel, and all 5 passengers are still alive.

Man of Honour
GXbUSdQ.png

billionairesson.jpg

Associate
3 hours left assuming the oxygen supply time is accurate and they have no idea where the vessel is.

It would be an absolute miracle if they not only found it and were able to recover the vessel, and all 5 passengers are still alive.

It was never really a possibility and i expect most in the industry, both subs and rescue knew it. I'd be surprised if they ever found the sub itself considering it's size
edit: gosh, how long would it take for the thing to rust through? If/when it's found, can you imagine the inside after decades...

Last edited:
Soldato
It was never really a possibility and i expect most in the industry, both subs and rescue knew it. I'd be surprised if they ever found the sub itself considering it's size
edit: gosh, how long would it take for the thing to rust through? If/when it's found, can you imagine the inside after decades...
Human centipede?

Soldato
IF they found it and it was just caught on something, and they could free it,cutting off any ballast ( would it not be possible to put an inflatable mat under it it would burst as it ascended but would kick start it) and then it would rise really quickly like i cork popping.

its not like it needs to ascend slowly so it could come up at a fair rate of knots couldnt it? (i could be talking utter crap however)

Last edited:
Soldato

Kinda knew that from the start, considering the facts, the current record for deep sea rescue is what 1500ft or so, this vessel is roughly 12,500 ft down, not a hope in hell, no way for the passengers to escape the vessel and even if they did they'd be dead instantly due to the pressures that far down something like 380 bar or so, then of course theres the nitrogen issues so they wouldn't be able rise fast. Basically its a cluster **** of issues with no safety or backups in place for the passengers.

I cannot possibly imagine the horror those on board are dealing with, specially the civilians. For all we know the former military person may have offed the rest to preserve oxygen for himself. If 5 could do 96 hours, 1 can do a week or more.

Last edited:
Soldato
i would imagine their only hope now is they were never on the bottom at all but drifting on the surface somewhere (it boggles me but apparently there is no way of transmitting even on the surface so they could be less than a foot away from fresh air and still sufocate - this seems unlikely however)

Soldato
IF they found it and it was just caught on something, and they could free it,cutting off any ballast ( would it not be possible to put an inflatable mat under it it would burst as it ascended but would kick start it) and then it would rise really quickly like i cork popping.

its not like it needs to ascend slowly so it could come up at a fair rate of knots couldnt it? (i could be talking utter crap however)
I think trying to inflate anything outside a Sub with those insane pressures would require an air pump capible of doing that and hence much larger than anything they could take down with them.

Soldato
I cannot possibly imagine the horror those on board are dealing with, specially the civilians. For all we know the former military person may have offed the rest to preserve oxygen for himself. If 5 could do 96 hours, 1 can do a week or more.

If they are dead; I hope it was instant. A hull breach or something to that effect.

Associate
You'd think they would have some kind of emergency signal in case something goes wrong, transponder or sonar beacon to indicate location? Not sure how viable that would be at this depth or for this size of a craft.

Rescue is unlikely enough without having to search for them. :(

Permabanned

You are Gerry Anderson and I claim my ten pounds :)

Commissario
Man of Honour

At that depth this idea is Science Fiction.
Their best hope would have been a submersible that could wrap ropes around it and drag it up but again finding something to do that was Science Fiction.
They were never going to be saved.

When can we start the memes

Fellowship of the Memes on Facebook has a lot if you need your fix.

Back
Top Bottom