Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
I think it most likely did so if it went dark you either have a complete power failure or the thing got crushed like a crisp packet.

I am 100% sure the people who built this thing know exactly what happened already.

If the sub had different forms of communication and were all on the same power source then you have the plausible conclusion that the thing could have lost all power. If each form of communication was on a different power source or even switchable power source then an implosion seems far more likely. This is all theory and conjecture obviously but once you know how the thing is built you can put together a picture quite easily. At least I would hope so.

yeah was also thinking if leak no chance to react if sudden, think full investigation will tell us what kind of safety/backup measures it had in place something tells me its not gonna be good

Soldato
This whole rescue is a bit of an embarrassment for the US. If they can't find something that wants to be found what hope would they have from an adversary. The Co-founder and Chairman, Horizon Maritime Services said they had the best equipment in the world yesterday. Seems like a bunch of bs peddlers now.

You win the award for the dumbest comment in thread.

I don't think you have any idea how utterly massive the ocean is, even when you roughly know where to start looking, it's near impossible to find it.

Anyway game over 100% now, even if they found it in the next 2 seconds, not enough time to winch it up.

Soldato
It ain't got no seats a tiny window...next to a makeshift-like toilet steered by a Xbox controller
High risk travel...was the name not a clue
Don’t be Rich making Poor decisions!
You only have to look at it and then compare it to say Alvin (the one that found the titanic and the bismark that’s about 50 years old with almost 5000 dives to its name..) and then think. Nah, I’m good.. :D

Soldato
This whole rescue is a bit of an embarrassment for the US. If they can't find something that wants to be found what hope would they have from an adversary. The Co-founder and Chairman, Horizon Maritime Services said they had the best equipment in the world yesterday. Seems like a bunch of bs peddlers now.
I just knew once i entered this thread it would be full of armchair search and rescue droids.

Soldato
Seeing a few posts on Reddit about how some people can't sleep due to worrying about this situation.

Don't get me wrong, it's a ******* harrowing event, all of it, but to lose sleep?

Or am I just miserable/incapable of empathy? It's a crazy situation but I think people get way too involved sometimes.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been watching this situation unfold over the last few days and at first I was hopeful that the Titan would be saved and the survivors would be able to tell their tale. As time goes on, it's quickly dawning on me that the chances of that happening are rapidly reducing to zero. :(

I find it a bit awkward talking about the living as though as they are dead, but it seems that what the outcome is likely to become now.

Caporegime
Seeing a few posts on Reddit about how some people can't sleep due to worrying about this situation.

Don't get me wrong, it's a ******* harrowing event, all of it, but to lose sleep?

Or am I just miserable/incapable of empathy? It's a crazy situation but I think people get way too involved sometimes.

I think some people get stuck in the loop of running the scenario through their head over and over and it’s pretty much nightmare fuel if they’re still alive or have only just perished.

Not something I’ve lost sleep over but everyone is different.

Caporegime

You aren't.

Yeah this is pathetic. It's very strange. It's like these people must be medias wet dream. No care for anyone normal every day. But thier sleep is disturbed due to the volume of media attention?

Boggles my mind how anyone can be so hooked on something that has no bearing on thier actual lives.

Last edited:
Soldato

if that is the case they must have awful sleep issues with the 1000s of people drowning crossing the sea....... or are only billionaires worthy of sadness and not the women and children (possibly locked in) trapped in that fishing boat which sank last week for instance.

Dont get me wrong, it is horrible and i really hope for an unlikley happy ending....... but the report on the BBC about the fisherman who has now got to the point he dreads pulling his nets now due to the amount of bodies he has pulled out, inc a baby hit me far harder personally.

I dont think you are miserable or lacking empathy at all

Last edited:
Soldato

Some people do go a bit wild.. Searching the news it wouldn’t take that long to find enough things to cause you to never sleep again if you were that way inclined!

Man of Honour
This shows how weak our technology is under water.

This should be a wake up call.
I mean outside of idiots going down to the bottom of the ocean in what genuinely looks like a soup can, what other reason is there a need for tech? The real wakeup call should be how this kind of thing is even allowed to happen to start with.

Back
Top Bottom