Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
I mean outside of idiots going down to the bottom of the ocean in what genuinely looks like a soup can, what other reason is there a need for tech? The real wakeup call should be how this kind of thing is even allowed to happen to start with.
Yea, the thing screams of amateur hour. If they took half as much care as NASA did sending an unmanned drone to Mars, they’d already be found.

We’re talking about human lives and they couldn’t be asked to even put a radio/transmitter on it, with at least 2 redundancies?

Soldato
I mean outside of idiots going down to the bottom of the ocean in what genuinely looks like a soup can, what other reason is there a need for tech? The real wakeup call should be how this kind of thing is even allowed to happen to start with.
After ww2 I think there would have been a reasonable expectation that allied countries would create a technology to counter the German u-boat submarines, especially because they sank many of our ships.

Caporegime
That enemy submarines can still go undetected.
Anything larger than these submersibles is not happening and the machinery required to travel thousands of miles across the ocean floor would probably take years as I doubt any conventional engine is going to function. Sure maybe there's a possibility of building a drone around a bomb but it has to surface to do anything and that would take hours.

Caporegime
This whole rescue is a bit of an embarrassment for the US. If they can't find something that wants to be found what hope would they have from an adversary. The Co-founder and Chairman, Horizon Maritime Services said they had the best equipment in the world yesterday. Seems like a bunch of bs peddlers now.

This shows how weak our technology is under water.

This should be a wake up call.
Never change GD :cry:

Man of Honour
I think a lot of folks are underestimating undersea currents also. They could be hundreds of miles away from where they were by now. For example when MH370 went missing, debris was eventually found all the way as far as Africa.

I mean MH370 itself is a fine example of how hard it is to find something in the ocean. Years on they still haven't found the site.

Soldato
This shows how weak our technology is under water.

This should be a wake up call.

When has the government ever actioned anything that's obvious? It's obvious that if there is a war our power lines to Europe would be cut by subs, and we would have no backup. Kinda important, but do they do anything? No. So sure as heck they aren't going to change anything with a missing sub.

Back
Top Bottom