Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

On the flip side, dad has to deal with the fact he essentially sentenced his 19 y/o son to a drawn out unpleasant death in a metal "coffin"...

Assuming they don't by some miracle find & rescue them within the next couple of hours, then immediate implosion is still sadly the "best case scenario" :(

Dad of the year award doesn't go to...

Last edited:
Dad of the year award doesn't go to...
your kid is still your kid no matter their age but remember this wasnt a school kid, it was a 19 year old adult. who knows it could have been him who wanted to do it and dad just went along with it as well, it wasnt necessarily the dad to talked his son into going with him.

either way its a parents worst nightmare, but does not mean the dad is at fault.

There's absolutely no chance. Even finding them now, there would be no time to assess, figure out how to get them to the surface.

My money is on them being dead at loss of communication. Any implosion would make it near impossible to find.

Surprised there's not a locator beacon with some sonar type ping. But I'm unaware of the physics of that in this environment

An instant death is far better than a slow suffocating one.

Also cannot imagine being stuck in that confined space for 4 days straight.

I'm not sure, it's not like the movies when someone is suffocated / in a room with the oxygen sucked out.

As they started running out of oxygen they'd begin to get drowsy/hallucinations, and slowly drift off to sleep.

I didn't say there were any other subs lost?
From my understanding, the majority of the committed resources are for finding things underwater, like submersibles. You said that these resources can go towards saving other lives. Hence my remark about other lost subs.

There will be coast guards involved from that region and I guess there could be a boating accident that happens in that region. But it could also help with response times to such an incident, with all the resources in the area being airbourne/ out at sea already

This has probably been covered in this long thread, but why doesn't it have some sort of location beacon.?

My thoughts exactly, they confirmed the sub didn't have one days ago

I can find stuff on Google rated down to 4-6k metres for $16k-20k, I think the CEO could afford it..

Last edited:

I can find stuff in Google rated down the 4-6k metres.... Probably expensive, but I think he could afford it..
Maybe he couldn't?

Seems like they were losing money on this even with all the fiscally 'responsible' decisions made about it's construction.

Presumably need somewhere to land the military planes this thing is flying on.
You would have thought Canada would be more than willing given the Commonwealth, especially with New Foundland being the closest bit of land to the area

The BBC experts giving the real feels that chances of survival is zero

Last edited:

I can find stuff on Google rated down to 4-6k metres for $16k-20k, I think the CEO could afford it..

What did you find ? - it's not that straight forward either, you can't send much signal through that much water - also, it requires power, which if that failed on the sub, wouldn't work.

There was a French guy on board who was an experienced Navy Officer I think, but whether he knew much about this sub is another thing.

Obviously not that experienced to have gotten on it in the first place unless he was lied too which wouldn't be surprising.

This CEO guy is essentially one of those 4x4 tourist things you go on when on holiday. Just on a whole different level but at least when a 4x4 breaks down you are in relative safety for the most part and tours are bound by the laws of the country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom