Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Caporegime
I suspect there will be film makers just watching the days until they can make a documentary or hollywood horror film.

The issue with 4K down is that a spotlight doesn’t go far so it may take time, plus any currents will carry the corpses.
Not much of a film if it’s just a sub going down and imploding. You’d barely get through half your popcorn.

Man of Honour
I wonder if this will spur legislation like it's namesake did a century ago?

To an extent I don't think it should, this type of thing is inherently dangerous and risky (like space flight), I'm not sure how regulated the likes of Virgin Galactic, etc are (beyond usual CAA/FAA rules anyway).
However I do think they should be restricting this as a "tourist" business

Caporegime
To an extent I don't think it should, this type of thing is inherently dangerous and risky (like space flight), I'm not sure how regulated the likes of Virgin Galactic, etc are (beyond usual CAA/FAA rules anyway).
However I do think they should be restricting this as a "tourist" business
If it means taxpayers have to come to rescue I think it should...

Caporegime
Debris field discovered, news conference 8pm U.K. time…

I’m guessing an implosion Sunday when it lost contact and hopefully they were spared the alternative of suffocating on the sea bed.

Key points​

17m ago16:51

Debris field discovered within search area near Titanic​

In a major update, the US Coast Guard has said a debris field was discovered within the search area by an remotely operated vehicle (ROV) near the Titanic wreck.
It said experts within are evaluating the information.
Earlier, the Coast Guard said the search and rescue operation was still "active".
It confirmed the French deep-sea robot Victor 6000 has been deployed, meanwhile the Canadian vessel Horizon Arctic has also deployed its own ROV that is on the sea floor.

Last edited:
Soldato
this is actually my only issue really. IF people want to go down in a high risk endevour eyes wide open then am not sure they should be stopped....... the issue is the cost of any potential rescue plan... how many millions would the rescue have cost and would a £10 million holding fee per guest have covered it, refundable on return?

as for signing their lives away, that is ok to a point however IF independent investigation reveals obvious design issues then that should not be covered on said waver imo. its not unreasonable to assume the sub was reasonably put together

Last edited:
Man of Honour

The issue I have is that its these types of folk who are the modern day explorers, trying to get to the depths of the sea, etc and its not like AXA are going to insure them.
I don't think we should ban exploration, but maybe organisations/individuals doing these things should be forced to put up some collateral to help cover any potential costs

Back
Top Bottom