Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Commissario
Forgive my morbid curiosity, but assuming it was structural failure, I'm assuming the pressure would have just killed them instantly?
Quicker than instantly. If it failed, the sight of it collapsing wouldn't even have got from their eyes to their brain before they ceased to exist. They'd literally have known nothing about it.

Caporegime
The hatred of wealth you constantly spout, like the communist Ash Sarkar has vented at this tragic time for vote kudos,, is verging on the unhealthy. Do the lottery, if you win a substantial amount I can assure you you're attitude, if only in private, will change :)
Odd how you've gone that way... I think if anyone is taking the **** they should just be abandoned to their fate. I'm totally fine using state resources if everything was above board.

Last edited:
Soldato
To an extent I don't think it should, this type of thing is inherently dangerous and risky (like space flight), I'm not sure how regulated the likes of Virgin Galactic, etc are (beyond usual CAA/FAA rules anyway).
However I do think they should be restricting this as a "tourist" business

I’ve only been down to 144ft in a sub with windows in Hawaii, but I agree. People don’t know what risk they’re signing up to.

Soldato
Forgive my morbid curiosity, but assuming it was structural failure, I'm assuming the pressure would have just killed them instantly?

Yes. And not that instantly people often use in bad car crashes and the like. It would have been so fast their senses wouldn’t even process it before they were mush.

Soldato
OP
This is a video of a vessel collapse at less than 1 atmosphere of pressure differential. The pressure difference on the sub at 3000m would have been 300 atmospheres.

Back
Top Bottom