• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** TITANX **

I never said huge discounts, you added that yourself. You then have to factor in the shipping costs like you said, shipping x500 in one go will be cheaper than shipping x500 individually.

Obviously, also theres a lot of hidden extras like insurance costs etc too. End of the day that $999 is good if you happen to be in the US as you will save a pretty penny on the card.

It will be the same with the AMD cards, one price in the US and a massively hiked price in ripoff britain.

Correct. $999 is recommended/suggested as youre aware. Guess who keeps the extra

Not Overclockers, it will be board manufactures. Each vendor will provide a RRP to them and then it is down to negotiation from Overclockers to maximise their margin while maintaining the correct sales price.

If they can provide enough margin then at times they may drop the prices to undercut other retailers for the same product. This comes down to price of stock supplied and demand of said product. Yeah Overclockers may be better off with the negotiated price and the change in the dollar/pound but it will be relatively small per unit sold.

Last edited:
Pricing does not work this way. The RRP of $999 would be by Nvidia factoring in sale price from themselves at bulk orders of X amount to company A and X amount to company B etc. There will be a big data base with stats showing all this. It will factor in transport costs and the expected margins.

Further to this the cost, if they are from a 3rd party such EVGA, they will have a rate they buy direct from and know their margins accordingly. This would have been set and any cost to make EVGA more than MSI for instance is EVGA supplying to Overclockers at their target margin.

I know it doesn't work that way but that's what LambChop seems to be suggesting.

The fact is if you're paying more here for the same model when converted to dollars and with VAT and everything calculated, somewhere along the line you're being fleeced.

Not Overclockers, it will be board manufactures. Each vendor will provide a RRP to them and then it is down to negotiation from Overclockers to maximise their margin while maintaining the correct sales price.

This is incorrect for the Titan X, all cards are made by nvidia, Gibbo said yesterday nvidia are the ones setting the price. Obviously vendors may add a little cost for their brand/model but the base price has been set via nvidia.

+1, exactly this, $999, currently thats about £683 before VAT is added, once you add that on top it works out roughly to £820 in the UK, thats before the resellers add on the cost of shipping the product and the margin, so if the cards sell for £900 or thereabouts you can see Nvidia are raking it in.

No, that $999 already includes distribution and margin. I'm expecting a price of around £800 - £850 - much more and it will be cheaper to buy from Europe.

I know it doesn't work that way but that's what LambChop seems to be suggesting.

The fact is if you're paying more here for the same model when converted to dollars and with VAT and everything calculated, somewhere along the line you're being fleeced.

To be fair nobody is being fleeced, you either pay what they are asking or you don't. No one is under obligation to buy.

Smart people will sit back and let the dust settle from the initial rush for cards from early adopters, sales will slow and prices will drop.

Originally Posted by Curlyriff View Post
This is incorrect for the Titan X, all cards are made by nvidia, Gibbo said yesterday nvidia are the ones setting the price. Obviously vendors may add a little cost for their brand/model but the base price has been set via nvidia.

Kinda, but the added cost will be from the 3rd party on top of the Nvidia cost as that is who will offer warranty support, deal with your aftersales and maybe, for instance with EVGA offer a hydro model which changes things too. Those mark ups from 3rd parties we don't know but we do know it costs those companies man power and time still even if they are not directly producing the GPU's

Lets put it this way

US price $999
Pound conversion - £682.13 + VAT = £818.56
Plus additional shipping from Europe to UK £0.50 per unit
Plus 3rd party warranty/marketing costs = mark up, lets say £10 per unit

Round that to a nice figure and you have £829.99 so that is where I would expect them roughly to be retailing at unless either A) Overclockers take a hit in the margin compared to what Nvidia would have calculated when they set RRP or B) Overclockers have managed to negotiate a better up front cost from Nvidia/3rd Party and thus can sell at a direct exchange rate price.

It should also be noted that the $999 is plus local taxes and some states are minimal and others a lot more.

Lets put it this way

US price $999
Pound conversion - £682.13 + VAT = £818.56
Plus additional shipping from Europe to UK £0.50 per unit
Plus 3rd party warranty/marketing costs = mark up, lets say £10 per unit

Round that to a nice figure and you have £829.99 so that is where I would expect them roughly to be retailing at unless either A) Overclockers take a hit in the margin compared to what Nvidia would have calculated when they set RRP or B) Overclockers have managed to negotiate a better up front cost from Nvidia/3rd Party and thus can sell at a direct exchange rate price.

It should also be noted that the $999 is plus local taxes and some states are minimal and others a lot more.

Yeah I'd go along with that... exciting times though, can't wait for this and the AMD 300 series... let the battle commence.

What confuses me is then why start at £799 ? Why not just have a price range of £500-£1000 ? or £0-£1000 ?

I read it as £799 will be the cheapest, some vendors in between then the most expensive at £999

£799-£999 was the educated guess at price, with me stating to expect around £899 as £799 would actually be below cost based on current weak GBP vs USD.

I now know the price and well my guess was pretty damn close. :)

Quite a few states have 0% tax for online purchases.

That $999 figure will include retailer margin and I doubt it will be too small, otherwise there would be no point.

I have a sneaky suspicion there might be a handful of cards from one AIB partner that hits the magical £799 figure.

Most will be £829-899.

EVGA Hydro copper will easily hit £999 if not a bit over...

Back
Top Bottom